Dustin Hermanson Signed by the White Sox

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this move. Watching Giants games this year, I thought he did decent in his relief appearances. He seems to have some issues when guys get on, but for the most part this is a good signing. If I am not mistaken he has a decent fastball, which would complement Shingo pretty well,if the report is true that he would be a setup man. Hell, if the sox go one winning steaks he can be used as a closer.

God, I know many aren't going to get overly excited by this move. But this really fills an area of weakness giving the Sox a legit RH and LH setup man and moves Politte into a mid-relief role.

Now I'm hoping Scho can come back as a reliever and I'll really start LOVING this bullpen. It would of been turned from a weakness into a strength.

Terrible move!!! Dustin Hermanson? How in the hell is this guy gonna get paid over 2 million dollars a year. Maybe as a long reliever or sport starter, but nothing else, and that title isn't worth over 2 million a year, especially when your name is Dustin Hermanson. I swear if he's the closer over Shingo or someone else, KW can go f**k off.

Terrible move!!! Dustin Hermanson? How in the hell is this guy gonna get paid over 2 million dollars a year. Maybe as a long reliever or sport starter, but nothing else, and that title isn't worth over 2 million a year, especially when your name is Dustin Hermanson. I swear if he's the closer over Shingo or someone else, KW can go f**k off.

KW has already said that Hermanson will be more of a setup guy, possible spot starter, and closer in case Shingo falters.

Per Rotoworld:

White Sox signed RHP Dustin Hermanson, who had been with the Giants, to a two-year contract.

Hermanson was pretty clear that he didn't want to sign with a team unless he was guaranteed to be used as a closer or a starter. We wonder if that means he was promised Shingo Takatsu's job. We'll find out shortly enough. Hermanson had a 4.53 ERA in 2004 and that was considered one of his good years. He's not someone who should have gotten a multiyear deal.

from rotoworld:

White Sox signed RHP Dustin Hermanson, who had been with the Giants, to a two-year contract.

Hermanson was pretty clear that he didn't want to sign with a team unless he was guaranteed to be used as a closer or a starter. We wonder if that means he was promised Shingo Takatsu's job. We'll find out shortly enough. Hermanson had a 4.53 ERA in 2004 and that was considered one of his good years. He's not someone who should have gotten a multiyear deal. Dec. 8 - 2:30 pm et

from rotoworld:

Hermanson was pretty clear that he didn't want to sign with a team unless he was guaranteed to be used as a closer or a starter. We wonder if that means he was promised Shingo Takatsu's job. We'll find out shortly enough. Hermanson had a 4.53 ERA in 2004 and that was considered one of his good years. He's not someone who should have gotten a multiyear deal. Dec. 8 - 2:30 pm et

:unsure:

This keeps getting better and better!!!

on the radio KW said he'd be a setup man and close some games. he's not considering him as a starter but said that could change during the year should they need another starter.

seems like a lot of dough (relatively) compared to the contract that Politte got last year.

we need all the relievers we can get so i hope he isn't the only acquisition.