The most frustrating thing as a Sox fan ...

BlizzardOfOzzie

... I think, is that sometimes I get the impression that marquee, big-time players don't want to come here for whatever reason. If an agent tells a player they're going to Chicago, if they think it's the Cubs, they probably do backflips and get all happy to play in Wrigley Field, or some bulls***. If an agent brings up playing for the White Sox, something tells me the player wouldn't be so excited about it, and just be like, "blah".

Does anybody else feel the same way? This is really frustrating for me - I want it to get to the point where great players WANT to wear the White Sox uniform. Winning and winning consistently is the only thing that's gonna let that happen.

... I think, is that sometimes I get the impression that marquee, big-time players don't want to come here for whatever reason.  If an agent tells a player they're going to Chicago, if they think it's the Cubs, they probably do backflips and get all happy to play in Wrigley Field, or some bulls***.  If an agent brings up playing for the White Sox, something tells me the player wouldn't be so excited about it, and just be like, "blah". 

Does anybody else feel the same way?  This is really frustrating for me - I want it to get to the point where great players WANT to wear the White Sox uniform.  Winning and winning consistently is the only thing that's gonna let that happen.

I have thought the same as you for awhile now.

We are a black list team, I understand that and hate it. Ever since 94 no one wants to come here..The last big time FA we sign was

ALBERT BELLE.. and we overpaid for him.

Being one of the oldest and historic baseball franchises, you would think FA would flock here to be a part of history.

and lastly Blizzard, forget this post most people here don't want to hear the truth about the Sox, JR or KW.. They would rather live in a fantasy world that everything is alright, and as long as you finish with a winning record, nothing else matters.

Cripes, man.  Sorry for being brutally honest.

It's not about being honest, we read these threads and these posts all the time, and some of us are sick of the negativity. Honestly if you have something negative to say, that hasn't been posted 100 times before, go right ahead. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

We are a black list team, I understand that and hate it. Ever since 94 no one wants to come here..The last big time FA we sign was

ALBERT BELLE.. and we overpaid for him.

Being one of the oldest and historic baseball franchises, you would think FA would flock here to be a part of history.

and lastly Blizzard, forget this post most people here don't want to hear the truth about the Sox, JR or KW.. They would rather live in a fantasy world that everything is alright, and as long as you finish with a winning record, nothing else matters.

Do you understand that we have heard it thousands upon thousands of time. Gets really old really fast hearing the same thing over and over.

Does anybody else feel the same way?  This is really frustrating for me - I want it to get to the point where great players WANT to wear the White Sox uniform.  Winning and winning consistently is the only thing that's gonna let that happen.

Word spreads across the league relating to this organization. Reinsdorf and Williams have not exactly established great relationships with past/current players. (Foulke, Thomas)

It's quite obvious the Cubs are the more attractive venue to play. Reputation spreads of the Wrigleyville atmosphere, and (recent) devotion from Tribune management to assemble a winning ballclub. Reinsdorf, however, has the White Flag trade and

Obviously winning consistently will make a particular team more attractive for free agents. But above all other factors, money will decide the destination of free agents. Detroit had no problems signing IROD, Urbina following their dismal season.

You guys made your point.  I'm sounding like a broken record.  I guess things won't change, so no point in bringing it up.  My bad.

NO things won't change becuase fans like addison and gwety are perfectly happy with JR being cheap and don't care who they throw out on the feild it seems.

They called to renew my season tickets I told them to call back after, a big time Fa is signed with the Sox..

I not exepcting a call back :lol:

NO things won't change becuase fans like addison and gwety are perfectly happy with JR being cheap and don't care who they throw out on the feild it seems.

They called to renew my season tickets I told them to call back after, a big time Fa is signed with the Sox..

I not exepcting a call back :lol:

You are such a cocksmith

HMM.. Other teams have players take less money to play with that team.. we have to overpay...

Does anyone see a problem with this besides me and Blizzard?

That seems to be a common misconception. The only players who do this are players in their way upper 30's and early 40's, who we would not want anything to do with anyway.

It's not about being honest, we read these threads and these posts all the time, and some of us are sick of the negativity.  Honestly if you have something negative to say, that hasn't been posted 100 times before, go right ahead.  Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Yeah, and I'm not tired of members putting together their fantasy lineups?

I deal with optimists everyday quite fine. It's unavoidable; some people are simply under the illusion Reinsdorf will spend 11 million on FA's. I'm sick of the optimism. Although I reserve my comments for threads discussing the topic.

Not to mention by beliefs are unpopular among the majority, and are more likely to be ridiculed.

That's alright, let's post a thread talking about the likelihood of signing a Boras client. Or how our rotation would look with Carl Pavano anchoring the top spot.

If you guys are into complaining...and why me...and the like, I have the perfect team for you.

They believe in goats and curses and everything!

Better hurry though...she already has you beat.

My goodness, do I love that picture. I'm so happy, I'd almost forgot about it. I actually got in the dog house with some friends for laughing at all the people crying in the stands after that last, wonderful game in 2003. Well, not "all the people" as a group, mind you. I laughed at each one individually -- it made the moment last longer.

Anyways, that said, I don't have a problem with this thread. He's not attacking anyone, and even though I don't see the point of bringing it up, it does seem true that the Sox don't have the cache of Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox -- and to some extent, the Cards. I don't know why we'd care that we aren't national media darlings, but okay, if you care, so be it. This isn't as bad as all the 'Sox are too cheap to sign the All-Star team' threads.

I know this great history we have, and are historic 1 championship, you would think everyone would want to come to U.S Celullar Field.

I hate the Cubs, but honestly, do you think a huge FA would choose U.S Cellular Field over Wrigley Field. C'mon, be realistic. :fthecubs

I know this great history we have, and are historic 1 championship, you would think everyone would want to come to U.S Celullar Field.

I hate the Cubs, but honestly, do you think a  huge FA would choose U.S Cellular Field over Wrigley Field. C'mon, be realistic. :fthecubs

"Are one championship?" :huh: :huh: :huh:

It's "our," and we won two Championships.

Some fan you are.