The most frustrating thing as a Sox fan ...

BlizzardOfOzzie

It's not about being honest, we read these threads and these posts all the time, and some of us are sick of the negativity.  Honestly if you have something negative to say, that hasn't been posted 100 times before, go right ahead.  Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Its all your fault for not seeing the obvious, he's just thinking out of the box.

Is there a problem with that?

I agree with his statement. Why no RJ? Why no Bartolo? Why no A-Rod? Maggs?

Its all your fault for not seeing the obvious, he's just thinking out of the box.

Is there a problem with that?

I agree with his statement. Why no RJ? Why no Bartolo? Why no A-Rod? Maggs?

1 - If you were Randy Johnson, would you want to come here?

2 - The almighty "Fartolo" Colon with the ERA above 5 in the 1st year of his multiyear deal.

3 - Pay - Rod. I'm not even going to go there.

4 - Would you offer arbitration to a guy, who could play all of 30 games to us? It tells you something when teams like Baltimore who were interested in Maggs, won't go near a Bora$$ client.

You're right!

Having a 4.39 ERA in Spetember is worth 11 mil.

Not at you qwerty, I know you were kidding.

Just putting that point to sleep so no one brings it up.

No, Harris.

The smart thing to do is give Maggs his 15 million, hell, who cares what's going on with his knee. Hell, give him more than 15 million. Give him 20 million over ten years. As long as JR opens up the wallet, that's all that matters... ;)

In the responses that you sent me to my post...what i mean to say is just a few examples, why can't anyone see the obvious that everyone wants to go to the north side and not the south side. very frustrating indeed.

Name one free agent that the Sox made a better offer for but the player still opted to go to the Cubs.

Word spreads across the league relating to this organization.  Reinsdorf and Williams have not exactly established great relationships with past/current players.  (Foulke, Thomas)

It's quite obvious the Cubs are the more attractive venue to play.  Reputation spreads of the Wrigleyville atmosphere, and (recent) devotion from Tribune management to assemble a winning ballclub.  Reinsdorf, however, has the White Flag trade and

Obviously winning consistently will make a particular team more attractive for free agents. But above all other factors, money will decide the destination of free agents.  Detroit had no problems signing IROD, Urbina following their dismal season.

You nailed it. It's the perception of the Sox as an organization and the way they have usually bad mouthed players that were headed out of town. And that goes back a good solid decade. Fisk, Onedog, BlackJack, Robin, Ray Ray, etc.

I have noticed recently that KW seems to be trying to buck that trend. He's been trying to just let Magglio's performance in a Sox uniform speak for itself and not get into a war of words with Bore-Ass. Even with Koch, he had nothing but positives to say about the guy other than something along the lines of "it just didn't work out for him here."

I never like to really count the 1906 one, because most of our grandfather's weren't even born yet and I don't think a player is really concerned that we one it back then either.

But 1906 is the BIG one. Sox fans have been holding that over Cub fans for almost 100 years.