Playlist

Cali

Converge.jpg

Converge - "You Fail Me"

Took me a while to get into this one, but now I just can't stop spinning it. Really good, really aggressive. 7.9/10

Song recommendations for those interested: "Last Light" "Drop Out" "Heartless" "You Fail Me"

DEPMM.jpg

The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Miss Machine"

Slowly (or not so slowly) running away with my album of the year for 2004. They're back with a new, and in my opinion superior, singer, and influences ranging from Mike Patton to Nine Inch Nails, added to the regular insanity of their music. 10/10

Song recommendations for those interested: All of them, but more specifically "Panasonic Youth" "Phone Home" "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants" "Baby's First Coffin" "Unretrofied"

mast.jpg

Mastodon - "Leviathan"

Also took me a while to get into this, but am really diggin it. Atlanta's own have been described as "Stoner Metal" whatever the hell that is, but I love it Currenlty fighting for the second spot in the albums of the year. It also has the coolest album art this year. 8/10

Song recommendations for those interested: "Blood and Thunder" "I am Ahab" "Seabeast" "Iron Tusk" "Megalodon"