baby born without a face

da_bears86

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- When most parents have a baby, they spend months dreaming about what their bundle of joy will look like. Will she look like mom? Will he have dad's eyes? But for one local Navy family, the birth of their daughter didn't give them the answers to those questions. Their daughter was born without a face.

I f***ing hate journalism.

I f***ing hate journalism.

that may be the worst lede to a story as serious as this that I've ever seen.

I would seriously fire the reporter, if she did in fact write that lede, and whoever thought it was appropriate. that is just terrible.

I had a friend who's family had to face an agonizing decision over something very similar. They chose to end the pregnancy because the condition appeared so severe that the baby wouldn't have been able to survive beyond a few hours outside of the womb without life support.

These stories are just sad.

I had a friend who's family had to face an agonizing decision over something very similar. They chose to end the pregnancy because the condition appeared so severe that the baby wouldn't have been able to survive beyond a few hours outside of the womb without life support.

These stories are just sad.

This just happend to someone in our family as well. Very sad and not a pair of shoes I'd ever want to wear...

I guess some would think we should just kill a baby in this situation. (Referring to a previous thread.) I thank God she has these kind of parents:

"God never gives you more than you can handle. I figure she has a lot to show everyone... to show the world," says Tom.