ESPN 2 tonight

Tonight on ESPN2 a great high school game is on. UNC commit Tyler Hansbrough gets to test himself against to Junior Greg Oden. Oden is a 7'0 center that likely would have been the 1st pick in last years draft as a HS sophomore. Hansbrough is a tenacious 6'9 post player that will lead college ball in free throws. Should be an interesting matchup for those that are interested. Mike Conley is on Oden's team and is the top junior point guard in the nation. Ben Hansrbrough is Tyler's brother and is a good junior players, can hit the 3 and nice size. Just an fyi.

He's only 16 and a junior, the tenacity will come in time I believe. He has all the tools in the world, he will learn how to use them. Eddy Curry looked very lazy as a senior and look... wait bad example ;-).

I hope so, the kid is just cut unbelievably. But compared to seeing other kids at his age, he has a looooong way to go. I have seen just about every Mr Basketball that IN has produced for about 15 years now, and the guys who made it had that something that I just didn't see from Oden. Maybe he was a little nervous on national TV or something... I'll have to try to get down to Indy for the state finals this year if he makes it.

Randolph Morris at Kentucky outplayed Dwight Howard both times they met last year, Dwight looked timid for both 1st halves and turned it on the 2nd halves. They didn't run much offense through Oden in the 1st half and paid the price, but he does need to get into much better shape, I think he will. But I can see your point, if they could mix Hansbrough's tenacity with Oden's skills, he would be unstoppable.

Randolph Morris at Kentucky outplayed Dwight Howard both times they met last year, Dwight looked timid for both 1st halves and turned it on the 2nd halves. They didn't run much offense through Oden in the 1st half and paid the price, but he does need to get into much better shape, I think he will. But I can see your point, if they could mix Hansbrough's tenacity with Oden's skills, he would be unstoppable.

Yeah, it is just one night, that's for sure. Popular Bluff's big mistake was not kicking up the tempo as much as possible. Lawrence North had no outside shooters, and the PB Center was just a track star up and down the floor, and they really could have taken advantage of it.

But I will take the win. Hoosier Hysteria rules again :headbang

You guys must of missed Sports Illustrated and USA today these past few weeks. Indiana and Wake right now are the 2 teams in the running for him with Indiana with the slight edge because Davis has been to every game. Although I'd love him to go to IU, he'll be number one in the 2006 draft. I'll take Conley though.

Odens pretty good for not touching a basketball until 6th grade lol.

You guys must of missed Sports Illustrated and USA today these past few weeks. Indiana and Wake right now are the 2 teams in the running for him with Indiana with the slight edge because Davis has been to every game. Although I'd love him to go to IU, he'll be number one in the 2006 draft. I'll take Conley though.

Odens pretty good for not touching a basketball until 6th grade lol.

What about the exact quotes that have he has narrowed his list down to 5? :unsure:

Am I the only one who isn't impressed at all with Odin?  He is out of shape, lazy, and has really bad fundementals.  He is an incredible speicemen, but man has he got a ton to learn to survive at the NCAAs let alone NBA.

But he's on ESPN, Mike. He doesn't have to work hard and hustle. ESPN has already deemed him a top 5 pick in the draft. His payday is here!

:fyou ESPN! For the love of God leave the high school game alone!

But he's on ESPN, Mike. He doesn't have to work hard and hustle. ESPN has already deemed him a top 5 pick in the draft. His payday is here! 

:fyou  ESPN! For the love of God leave the high school game alone!

Yeah it is sad really. I have followed the HS game for so long, and in a way it was exciting to see IH HS hoops get the national exposure it deserves, but at the sametime, I really don't want to see the game poisoned by that stuff either. Class basketball already was bad for the game, it doesn't need anymore problems.

Watch these guys go into the NBA, stink to high heaven, then see ESPN say that they should have gone to college and the press put too much pressure on them. Yet THEY are the ones broadcasting them on National television, basically saying "this is what it is like to shine in the spot light. How about going to the NBA next year? (You'd help our ratings)"