Winter Meetings

The Beast

I was thinking all about today that the Jermaine Dye and Dustin Hermansen signings were just the only things we were doing in the off-season.

To be honest, I thought we were over after signing Kevin Walker.

But since this weekend is the winter meetings, and after reading Jason Stark's article, I was thinking...

Are we seeing a different ownership and team this year?

Seriously, if you are committing to an outfielder and a relief pitcher on the day after arbitration, you obviously mean business.

I am only for trading Konerko and Garland if they use their salaries on several other holes and not just one player, unless he's a marquee player.

Will we deal Konerko and Garland this weekend?

Nevertheless, I still see the need for a middle infielder (Renteria) a catcher (Matheny) and a starter (Vazquez)...

Thoughts on my thoughts?

Yes, they will acquire a starting pitcher at the meetings.  Or at least set the groundwork for a deal.

Okay.

Suppose we trade Konerko and still have some money left...

Who would you go out and get?

Also, what if we had Gload at 1st and he got hurt, what minor leaguer would fill that bench role?

Edit: If you want to put this in the Winter Meetings thread, go ahead, mods.

Are you talking about Casey Rogowski .. or whatever his name is?  I think he was Single A last year put kicked some ass in the AFL.

Yeah Rogo was stalled for three years in A ball, But he hit well this season, while putting up a nice OBP. This year is definately a make-or-break year for him in AA @ Hooter Met.

He's a huge guy, he got some work in the OF in the AFL. How he fares in AA in a pitchers park will go a long way in telling whether he should be on the Sox "3-year chart"