i have a trade i dea

Ishmookie

You think he is gonna be filling in that much? Just seems like quite a bit for a bench player, but he is making 4 million so i guess it is possible.

Frank's gonna be out for longer than anyone here realizes. PK or Lee is gone. That puts Carazy Carl as the 1st option @ DH to start the season, and possibly the first option in LF for all of the season.

Frank's gonna be out for longer than anyone here realizes.  PK or Lee is gone.  That puts Carazy Carl as the 1st option @ DH to start the season, and possibly the first option in LF for all of the season.

I figure about a month, month and a half frank will be out. How long do you figure he will be out?

I figure about a month, month and a half frank will be out. How long do you figure he will be out?

June = earliest

and when he gets back he's not going to anything offensively anyway...

.255 18HR 300 AB's sounds about right.

Oh and I know there are gonna be a bunch of people who are gonna say that's a terrible projection, but I challenge you to show me anything that shows that 1) Frank is a quick healer 2) He puts up good numbers when he get back.

He takes at least a year to fully get back into the swing of things. He may have a good September, but that may be too late after a .225 June-August.

June = earliest

Oh and I know there are gonna be a bunch of people who are gonna say that's a terrible projection, but I challenge you to show me anything that shows that 1) Frank is a quick healer 2) He puts up good numbers when he get back. 

He takes at least a year to fully get back into the swing of things. He may have a good September, but that may be too late after a .225 June-August.

Ya, when he gets back i expect him to be pretty rusty also. But his obp will still be around .380 since he will always have an excellent eye. Those numbers you projected look very likely. But i am sure you also hope you are wrong.

carl, borchard and prosects (honel or another pitcher) to pittsburgh for jack wilson and oliver perez. theyd both fill holes. and im ready to part with both borch and carl. :bringit New trade idea: borchard and everett for aj burnett?

Another All Star Baseball 2005 trade ;)

June = earliest

I'm glad I am not the only one who has these fears.

280 pound man+foot/ankle problems= not good

Plus Cheat is exactly right, Frank was bad after coming back from his injuries.

One thing we do have going for us is that Carl is in a contract drive. He doesn't want to get a crappy offer from the Expos again. This might be his last chance to get big money, and I think he will take this season seriously because of that.

Frank's gonna be out for longer than anyone here realizes.  PK or Lee is gone.  That puts Carazy Carl as the 1st option @ DH to start the season, and possibly the first option in LF for all of the season.

I see you're another guy who thinks Lee could be traded. I do too. I'm just looking at potential teams that may need Lee. [The Cubs are high on that list, though don't fit with what the sox need; Sea.]

Actually pitching and prospectwise, the Cubs could be a great fit with the Sox.

If the sox dealt Lee, it would be for a leadoff type hitter in the middle of the field [ss or 2B] or a stud SP. I don't see the Cubs dealing any of their major league arms. And I wouldn't deal Lee for prospects not ready for the bigs in 2005

I also think the sox need Carl's LH power somewhere on the field on a semi regular basis. If in LF, then they can always have an Escobar type as a defensive replacement to save his legs and tighten the defense in late innings

carl, borchard and prosects (honel or another pitcher) to pittsburgh for jack wilson and oliver perez. theyd both fill holes. and im ready to part with both borch and carl. :bringit New trade idea: borchard and everett for aj burnett?

MVP Baseball would explode in the system if you offered that in a video game.