3: ESPN's new movie

HuskyCaucasian

If you have ESPN Classic you should watch some of the old races. Their showing Earnhardts greatest races Thursday through Saturday and its pretty good.

While neither Brian or I are Earnhardt fans, we will watch to see some of the early footage to catch some of the old time racers we like - David Pearson, Richard Petty, etc.

The guy that is playing him gives me the creeps when I watch the commercials though.

While neither Brian or I are Earnhardt fans, we will watch to see some of the early footage to catch some of the old time racers we like - David Pearson, Richard Petty, etc.

The guy that is playing him gives me the creeps when I watch the commercials though.

Im not Earnhardt fan either but it is cool seeing how far Nascar has come along and see the old guys out there battling it out.

Also heres Nascar.coms review http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/opinion/12...view/index.html

Im not Earnhardt fan either but it is cool seeing how far Nascar has come along and see the old guys out there battling it out.

Exactly!

I miss watching the old races (70s) on Speed channel. When I was in my apartment 3-4 years ago, they used to have them on Friday and/or Saturday nights.

All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy. All I want to do is race, daddy.

I liked it.

Although the race scenes were reminiscent of Days of Thunder. ie. cars were too slow.

How can you really reproduce actual NASCAR quickness in the movies with actors though?

The only questions I have left to answer...

Who was driving the 3 car for the movie?

Did they show old footage?

Did they make a replica car?

Was that the real car?

The only questions I have left to answer...

Who was driving the 3 car for the movie?

Did they show old footage?

Did they make a replica car?

Was that the real car?

9/10ths of the race scenes were NASCAR footage. The rest of the scenes were done by stunt drivers I'm sure.

I'm sure they used real cars.

It was endorsed by NASCAR and the Earnhardt family. (to the best of my knowledge)

I liked it.

Although the race scenes were reminiscent of Days of Thunder. ie. cars were too slow.

How can you really reproduce actual NASCAR quickness in the movies with actors though?

We didn't get a chance to see it yet, hoping it will be on a few more times.

Edit: I stand corrected, Brian watched it last night after I fell asleep.

Edited by Queen Prawn

I thought it was a good movie and it ended nicely. The 3 car was probably a replica car because im sure the newer modeled Chevys are being used by the RCR teams still. Earnhardt and all Nascar drivers dont have one car they have like 15 or whatever so its not like there was just 1 number 3 car that Dale used.