Magglio doesn't go so quietly aft

AnthraxFan93

First one there, second two their.

Tsk tsk, try again Jason.

2 out of 3 is pretty good if you're trying to date cheerleaders but it's not a good grade on a grammar test. :lol:

#1: correct, the answer is "there"

#2: BEEP, wrong. The proper usage is "they're" ... i.e. "they are"

#3: correct, proper usage is "their".

There now, there's hope for you yet, they're not going to flunk you.

Class dismissed! :lol:

:cheers

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but there was talk if Nomar was being traded to LA, the Dodgers were going to start by giving us Mota and Perez.  Don't forget that the Red Sox were also going to ship Scott Williamson to us.

How does a rotation of

Buehrle

Loaiza

Garland

Perez

Schoeneweis

look like coming into season with a bullpen of

Koch

Williamson

Mota

Marte

Shingo

Politte

Cotts

:huh

My point was that the Sox made Maggs feel really wanted when they were just going to trade him for Nomar.. Perez I didn't want.

My point was that the Sox made Maggs feel really wanted when they were just going to trade him for Nomar.. Perez I didn't want.

Oh Christ.. this is baseball for pete's sake. Players get traded. If Maggs didn't like it too f***ing bad. It's Kenny's responsibility to try and field the best team and make trades that will help the team. Boo f***ing hoo Maggs didn't feel wanted. Last time I checked he didn't lead this team anywhere.

The bottom line is this.. the Sox could have set Maggs up with daily hummers and it wouldn't have changed anything. The minute he hired Boras proved that.

My God.. I never would have guessed Maggs as a whiner.. :crying

:headshake

Oh Christ.. this is baseball for pete's sake. Players get traded. If Maggs didn't like it too f***ing bad. It's Kenny's responsibility to try and field the best team and make trades that will help the team. Boo f***ing hoo Maggs didn't feel wanted. Last time I checked he didn't lead this team anywhere.

The bottom line is this.. the Sox could have set Maggs up with daily hummers and it wouldn't have changed anything. The minute he hired Boras proved that.

My God.. I never would have guessed Maggs as a whiner..  :crying

:headshake

Damn millionaire baseball player having emotions like normal people. :fyou

Companies merge everyday and people have to go work somewhere else and they don't whine and pout. Baseball players aren't like you and me. They are different. All those millions proves it. They should understand if the GM thinks the team is better off without them.

Now an average Joe or Jane who is perhaps leading their company in sales or whatever when they hear that the company thinks they can do better, they don't pout or whine, they just realize the company is doing what is best for the company, and work extra hard.

Steff/ WHite Sox PR  It's Kenny's responsibility to try and field the best team and make trades that will help the team.

Fact, KW is told to put the cheapest team out there that way JR and the Board can make money... That was the main driving force behind the trade.

O. perez+Mota+Williamson<<<<<<<<<<<<<Maggs Salary

5mil +1.5 MIl 3.15 mil = 9.65

Compared to Maggs 14MIL

That is the only reason they wanted this trade.

Fact, KW is told to put the cheapest team out there that way JR and the Board can make money... That was the main driving force behind the trade.

O. perez+Mota+Williamson

Compared to Maggs 14MIL

Shut the f*** up.

O. perez+Mota+Williamson

Compared to Maggs 14MIL

Do you put any thought into anything or just try to spin everything as the Sox being cheap? I wish they spent $100M but they aren't. Now go follow the cub and talk about how close they are to getting Beltran. The $14M or Ordonez goes to garcia and Contrearas. The Valentin money goes to Dye and Hermanson.

Actually you have to be a cub fan or just somebody that enjoys being miserable.

Well enjoy your misery.

Do you put any thought into anything or just try to spin everything as the Sox being cheap?  I wish they spent $100M but they aren't.  Now go follow the cub and talk about how close they are to getting Beltran.  The $14M or Ordonez goes to garcia and Contrearas.  The Valentin money goes to Dye and Hermanson.   

Actually you have to be a cub fan or just somebody that enjoys being miserable.

Well enjoy your misery.

What does that have to do with them trading Maggs to Boston deal?

NOTHING

With that, we would not have had Garcia or Contreas on this team if that were the case. Since we would have had O Perez in the Rotation.

What does that have to do with them trading Maggs to Boston deal?

NOTHING

With that, we would not have had Garcia or Contreas on this team if that were the case.  Since we would have had O Perez in the Rotation.

If the Dodgers wanted Nomar why didn't they sign him? He is $3M+ cheaper now. Nomar to the Dodgers was pure speculation like the rest of the trade. I was explaining the finances of the White Sox and where the Magglio money went, then and now.

I love Maggs and hope he signs with the Cubs and dominates.

Granted he's a bit greedy and I contend we shouldn't retire his jersey,

but Maggs is great and I hope the Cubs get him to stick it to Reinsdork.

What steff said earlier cetainly is appropriate here. :puke :headshake :stick

Ozzie goes defending the Sox in this Southtown Article;

Guillen said Ordonez was treated well during the 2004 season, Guillen's first as Sox manager.

"I don't know how the White Sox treated him in the past," Guillen said Friday. "But the way we treated him (in 2004) was as a professional. We threw money on the table. (The White Sox) offered money. He's lying — they did. They offered him money to stay with the White Sox.

"To me, it's a bad feeling when you leave a team but you cannot say that people don't treat you good when you make $30 million. I think we were fair. When he was hurt he was on the ground and said, 'Hey, don't forget about the contract.'

"To come out in the papers and say that we didn't treat him fair — that's not fair. He put (general manager) Kenny Williams and (team chairman) Jerry Reinsdorf on the spot. When you come out in the paper and say something like that — I don't think it was fair to the White Sox organization to sit there and take it."

Earlier in this or one of the other Maggs threads someone quoted a WSI piece that called Maggs surgery "experimental". FWIW, from a friend of my son's father, an orthopedic surgeon I saw last night. He had no idea was was meant by "shock therapy to the knee" he went on to say . . .

"the US is very slow in recognizing any medicines or procedures that are developed in this country. They are even slower in recognizing anything new from other countries. What we call "experimental" is sometimes common practice for decades elsewhere." he went on to say that in a pharmacology class way back when it was the professor's opinion that aspirin today could not pass FDA approval. Stomach issues, future fertility problems if kids take it, and some other things.

So common aspirin could be "experimental" in the US. He was trained in Mexico but is board certified in the US. He doesn't think the US has a monopoly on truth and knowledge. That some advances in science and technology could be developed outside the US. There is intelligent life in other countries. :lol:

It may or may not be more accurate to use the phrase "cutting edge" or "best known course of treatment". Or it could be Maggs bet his baseball career on a back alley quack with a Micky Mouse degree.

Edited by Texsox