Magglio doesn't go so quietly aft

AnthraxFan93

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they would have offered him a decent contract last year we would not be sitting here today discussing this, instead looking for a SP and SS..But, in typical sox fashion we low ball everyone, and then b**** about one thing or another of why we can't sign anyone.

Alrighty, Mr. Hindsight,if we would have signed him last year, we would have had more questions, such as...do we get Jermaine Dye, JR Drew, Richard Hidalgo because we don't know if Maggs will ever be able to play again? Is he going to be able to play RF effectively, or do we have 3 DHs on this team? Why did we give him 5/$70 and possibly have it handcuff us for all five of those years? Sorry, Anthrax, but you are wrong on this one.

With defering payments, to one of the best players the Sox have.. Yeah sure it is, I mean I see other teams treat the best player on the team like s*** all the time and they love it?

Because many teams best players never have deferred payments :rolly Besides the Sox final contract offer was for all of the money on time.

The fact is KW said yesterday, and Bruce Levine also reported that the White Sox are now at their 2005 budget with Jermaine Dye pulling in $4 million next year. Considering they have a few more holes to fill, this shows the White Sox, at least after they signed Garcia to an extension and brought in Contreras, if not before, had no intention of bringing Magglio back. The contract they offered Magglio, I'm sure they knew would be rejected. He went to Vienna after the White Sox declared him out for the season, and after the team already determined he would no longer play here, and under the advice of a White Sox team doctor.

The fact is KW said yesterday, and Bruce Levine also reported that the White Sox are now at their 2005 budget with Jermaine Dye pulling in $4 million next year. Considering they have a few more holes to fill, this shows the White Sox, at least after they signed Garcia to an extension and brought in Contreras, if not before, had no intention of bringing Magglio back. The contract they offered Magglio, I'm sure they knew would be rejected. He went to Vienna after the White Sox declared him out for the season, and after the team already determined he would no longer play here, and under the advice of a White Sox team doctor.

Except that the doctor didn't work for the Sox...

If they would have offered him a decent contract last year we would not be sitting here today discussing this, instead looking for a SP and SS..But, in typical sox fashion we low ball everyone, and then b**** about one thing or another of why we can't sign anyone.

if we'd've given him the contract he wanted, with all that cash dumped on him up front, we wouldn't be looking for a SP and SS. we'd be sitting on our thumbs with a maxed-out payroll.

KW is a great Gm.. That sure is

Kenny sucks. Won't argue that.

Another fact.. you're obvious goal is to only cause trouble here so you have fun posting your bulls*** lies and whining and crying about the moves the Sox didn't make 2 years ago that would have won them the series. :rolly

And we get stuck with Dye.. OO JOY :fyou

So, why are you a fan? Turn in your tickets. if you don't think your money is going to be spent the way you want...don't go. It's like voting. You have a choice. And i have a choice. I would love to still be living in Chicago and see my Sox when i can.

Man, Anthrax, you were doing good for awhile, but now, here's my choice. Skipping over all of your posts and not responding anymore. Cuz you just don't want to listen to anyone's opinions but your own. Sorry, mods, if you think this is a personal attack. I'm just stating my preference about one other poster.

This is a lie... or at the very least misleading.

No its not. Is Weil a team doctor? Did he refer Magglio to the Vienna doctor? Weil has all the reports on Magglio's european surgery. He knows what was reported. Funny how he didn't say anything to the White Sox about it, but is now giving all the details to the Tribune.

Kenny sucks. Won't argue that.

Another fact.. you're obvious goal is to only cause trouble here so you have fun posting your bulls*** lies and whining and crying about the moves the Sox didn't make 2 years ago that would have won them the series.  :rolly

Speak for yourself, I had a plan in place from 2 years ago that would have had us in the playoffs these past 2 years, with a farm system that would be growing and getting better, those plans have changed.

Here what we need to do this year

Ship off

Marky B

Pauly

Lee

We can throw in there place

Diaz

Gload

Anderson

Just think about how much more money JR can pocket then

My goal here is simple to try and have the sox nation see the truth about JR and the Sox..to many people here live by the word of JR and KW.. both of which I hate. People fail to realize that since we have no 100 mil payroll you need a good farm system something that under KW.. has never happened.

The dir of scouting, does he not report to KW?

No its not. Is Weil a team doctor? Did he refer Magglio to the Vienna doctor? Weil has all the reports on Magglio's european surgery. He knows what was reported. Funny how he didn't say anything to the White Sox about it, but is now giving all the details to the Tribune.

Including the fact that he was NOT employed by the Sox when he gave the doctor's name to Maggs.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

He is or at least was a White Sox team doctor at the time, correct? He was treating Frank at the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the team doctors just spend part of their time with the team -- they have an outside practice as well, I think. Since they obviously know sports medicine fairly well, it doesn't seem strange that they would be asked for advice from other patients, or that they can reasonably separate team business from other business.