Toronto is looking at lee and konerko

chisox2334

How do you guys feel overall on all these rumors regarding losing some of the sox players we like? For me, I like it, I know we might be losing either konerko or lee but we havent won anything with these players for a couple of years now. I dont mind changing the dynamics of the team at all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys feel overall on all these rumors regarding losing some of the sox players we like? For me, I like it, I know we might be losing either konerko or lee but we havent won anything with these players for a couple of years now. I dont mind changing the dynamics of the team at all.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. That's been my feeling the last couple of seasons. It would be hard for any of these players to point at anything but statistics and say "look what I've done for the ballclub." In fact it's easier for us fans and KW to point to some key series over the last couple Augusts and Septembers and say "that's the reason you're out of here."

Not to specifically blame one single player who's leaving or being talked about in potential deals, but as a whole this team has just not got it done.

Guys, Levine was on the radio a few minutes ago, here's what he said:

In response to a caller who asked if the White Sox were talking about trading Joe Crede ...

Levine said yes, it's something they're considering. He further said the White Sox are intrigued with Eric Hinske (left handed bat, from Chicago area). He said it's possible Crede could be moved as part of a larger deal.

Levine also said there are a lot of possibilities right now.

Another caller asked Levine about the White Sox catching situation. Levine said the Sox like Ben Davis but aren't totally sold on him, witness the pursuit of Jason Kendall. He said there's not much out there at catcher at the moment.

Interesting segment, lots of very good calls. ESPN 1000 did a better job of screening calls and getting lots of caller on the air.

Whoever is on ESPN1000 right now is a f***ing moron, and he is making my ears hurt.

He just named off the 10 guys who changed teams, none to the Sox.

Doesn't that mean there are 20 other teams that didn't get any of those guys??? Dumbass...

Now he is saying we should have given Omar 3 years, wow, just wow...

And we should have given Kent 7 mil? :banghead

Also said the Sox should have shown interest in Jaret Wright...WE DID YOU f***ING MORON!

There isn't one player on the Jays Roster that I would consider better than Lee.... (Halladay is coming off injury)

i would take Halladay and Wells for Lee

WHAT???????

They should throw in Hienske, and a couple of high level propects

If the Sox can pull off a deal for holiday.. I would finally respect KW...

This could make a lot of sense. A, I would do a Vernon Wells for Carlos Lee trade STRAIGHT UP. I have no idea why Toronto would, but maybe they hvae soured a bit on Wells.

But that would free up payroll. I just don't see them giving up Wells, but I'd be listening very closely if they would. I'm not a big Batista fan, but he's a solid pitcher.

Hinske is a solid 3rd baseman. The Jays also have some good catchers or guys with upside the Sox could be interested in.

This sounds like something KW would do.  He's been interested in  Batista for a while.  If he can get an above average prospect in the deal, he just might pull the trigger.

Batista signed a 3 year deal last year and I recall a report that said he recieved a two year deal from the Sox. I wouldn't mind getting him, but he fell apart last year and Toronto made him the closer. He pitched very well both times against us last season.

Carlos played 1B?  That's news to me... :huh:

That was my reaction also, but who knows what he did in Little League in Panama? But, this kind of story is why you can't give much credence to rumors. We know better about Carlos, but some so called knowledgable baseball people out there don't.

One question, what is so great about Hinkse?  If the Sox got Hinske and Wells that would be another story. 

Plus it would free up the potential for the Sox to swing the other power hitter in a deal for a pitcher.

He's a former flub prospect that was ROY. When I ask scrub fans to name some position players they have developed over the past decade (because they rip on our farm system) the only names they can mention are Patterson, Choi, and Hinske. That's pretty pathetic. :fthecubs

Well if Hinske produced like he did in his rookie season, fine by me. But he hasn't been too grand since then. I do think he's a solid bat and wouldn't be bad at 1st base if the Sox opted to deal Konerko or Lee their way.

But they better get Vernon Wells as well. In fact I think the Jays are just looking to get rid of Hinske. So if the Jays are really that interested, offer Lee for Hinske and Wells.

Then the Sox turn around and deal Konerko, trying to get a good pitcher, but if they can't instead get payroll and sign Odalis Perez.

Wells fills in Lee's spot and Hinske comes in and plays 1st (not as good as Konerko) but the Sox now have the money to sign Perez and to potentially make a run at a middle infielder (a good one at that).

Everybody seems to be ignoring this quote in regard to Wells.

"I would have to be bowled over to even think of trading Vernon or Rios," Ricciardi said. "Know what? It ain't going to happen. We already have enough offence we need to replace." Wells will make $2.9-million in 2005 in the third year of a five-year deal, making him hugely cost-effective for a team with a $53-million payroll.

Everybody seems to be ignoring this quote in regard to Wells.

Well SOB, then screw this. Either they get Rios and some other stud prospects and payroll relief. In this case i'd only deal Konerko, none of the others. And I'm not implying the Sox hold onto those prospects by the way, I'm implying they utilize them in the push for Hudson or RJ or another pitcher.

On the other hand, picking up Halladay, WOWZERS. That be freaking AWESOME.

Batista, Hienski and a prospect are not woth it.  They have to do better than that.

Agreed, I'd have no interest in that. Although I must admit, Batista, Hinske and Rios could be intriguing. The only problem is the Sox don't get payroll relief.

I'd like to see them get Rios and another very good prospect and then move Lee to first and have Rios in the outfield. Then the Sox save pretty much 8 mill and focus on picking up a darn good middle infielder and Odalis Perez. That deal would give the Sox enough money to do that.

Or they could package some guys elsewhere. I'm guessing its more likely that the Sox get one contract like Batista or Hinkse back in the deal though.

Alright, would the Jays do a Lee and something for Halladay swap?

The way I see it Halladay is one of the best pitchers in baseball and is supposed to be 100%. Obviously he's been overworked some by the Jays and if I recall he signed a 4yr 42 million extension sometime last year I think.

He has three years left on the extension. 10.5 this season and then two years at 12.75. I got a sneaking suspicion the Jays would consider doing this deal.

No offense but am I the only person who remembered how inconsistant our offense is...

Some of you are suggesting that we trade away BOTH of our most consistant offensive players for middle of the rotation starter and an underachiving third basemen (which we already have).

I'm sorry but KW should be fired immediately.

He can trade one but Christ don't trade both.

JR will not sign another big bat. It would leave us with a heart of the order of:

Rowand

Hinske

Everett :puke