Toronto is looking at lee and konerko

chisox2334

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even bother to speculate -- You're wasting your time on this one.

They are trying to dump Hinske(cuz he sucks) and Batista(cuz he was terrible after the ASB) -- Any GM who picks them up better not give up anything in return...

Rios, Halladay(Holliday :lol:), and Wells are not going anywhere. It just doesn't make sense.

Toronto is not going to trade Wells, especially when he's only making $2.9 mill this season. Ted Lilly could be a guy to go after or even Batista if he came cheaply enough. Hopefully there is still a market for Konerko somewhere if a team misses out on Delgado or Sexson.

Toronto is not going to trade Wells, especially when he's only making $2.9 mill this season. Ted Lilly could be a guy to go after or even Batista if he came cheaply enough. Hopefully there is still a market for Konerko somewhere if a team misses out on Delgado or Sexson.

Sexon goes to the M's.

Delgado goes to the O's.

Konerko goes to whoever missed out on those two and can afford to trade a SP.

"We've said we'd like to add two bats," general manager J.P. Ricciardi said. "You aren't going to replace Carlos's 35 or 40 homers and 100 RBIs with one guy. We need two, then maybe chip away elsewhere."

Haha, like Carlos already has those numbers. He isn't two guys now is he? :huh:

I don't think I would do that.

No?

At the very least, it frees up payroll and gives you another option on the free agent market (perhaps giving the Sox enough to make a reasonable offer to Renteria?). Plus, Lilly is a solid pitcher, he'd fit nicely into the number three spot in our rotation, giving us two lefties, too. He had a 4.06 ERA last year, and made 32 starts -- looks like he'll at least give you a 4.50 ERA, and right around 200 IP.

I'd definitely be for a move like that.

No? 

At the very least, it frees up payroll and gives you another option on the free agent market (perhaps giving the Sox enough to make a reasonable offer to Renteria?).  Plus, Lilly is a solid pitcher, he'd fit nicely into the number three spot in our rotation, giving us two lefties, too.  He had a 4.06 ERA last year, and made 32 starts -- looks like he'll at least give you a 4.50 ERA, and right around 200 IP.

They're not going to take all that payroll, so we'd be giving up cash too IMHO.

what about konerko for Miguel Batista 1.67 gb/fb ratio and prospects freeing up money while not taking on garbage like hinske, i dont know what prospects the jays have but they have to have atleast a couple maybe a high level catcher, and low level middle infield prospect both are considered good prospects though maybe Guillermo Quiroz and Aaron Hill/Russ Adams dont have any info but are all on top 10 of jays prospect lists. there 3,6,9 from top 10

other catchers

Kratz, Erik, C class A

Thigpen, Curtis, C

middle infielders

Tablado, Raul, SS class A(21 HR for SS)

No? 

At the very least, it frees up payroll and gives you another option on the free agent market (perhaps giving the Sox enough to make a reasonable offer to Renteria?).  Plus, Lilly is a solid pitcher, he'd fit nicely into the number three spot in our rotation, giving us two lefties, too.  He had a 4.06 ERA last year, and made 32 starts -- looks like he'll at least give you a 4.50 ERA, and right around 200 IP.

Renteria is nowhere near worth 10 million and it seems like thats what it would take to get him. I'd be pretty upset if he got that. He's a solid ballplayer, but your giving him near Tejada money and he's not that good.