How about Alex Gonzalez?

Indywallin

I'd like to see the Sox sign SS Alex Gonzalez, the former Cub. He has a good arm, some power and would allow Uribe to move to 2B. I think he would be a cheap signing as well.

Also, how about  Omar Daal as a fifth starter?

Alex Gonzalez is the type of player we're trying to get away from offensively. He's basically the right handed Jose Valentin with a little less pop.

Yes they would, but are buddy Wallin is talking about brining in a cheap replacment to fill the role, which is what the Sox would most likely do, but AGone is the wrong choice for the job, just like all of you said, its exactly what the Sox are trying to get away from.

Yeah it's a biiiig if.

Uribe at short and a cheap 2b would be fine with me.

They can platoon Willie at 2b while Raines helps him with his base stealing.

Alex Gonzalez has defensive problems at shortstop.

Renteria or Cabrera would be a better option at SS if they wanted to move Uribe  to a different position.

you must be rating his whole defensive career on 1 play in the playoffs but if you look in the same year im pretty sure he had the best fielding percentage of all SS's.... he might not have some awesome jose valentin range but he does good enuf and doesnt make errors.