Sox Killer Is Moving Out of the Division

maggsmaggs

Lawton will be traded to Pittsburgh for Aurthur Rhodes. Thank god Lawton is going, all he did against the Sox was kill them. He is finally gone.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB

A trade sending Matt Lawton to Pittsburgh in exchange for Arthur Rhodes is expected to be announced later today, the AP reports.

Some cash will also be involved. The Pirates are probably going to use Lawton as their left fielder and leadoff hitter. They could play Jason Bay in right and Craig Wilson at first, but it's more likely that they'll continue to pursue a first baseman and use Bay in place of Tike Redman in center field. Dec. 11 - 3:56 pm et

Source: The Associated Press

.281/.376/.425 -- Well he got on base vs. the Sox, but I would hardly call him a Sox killer -- Those titles should be reserved for Thome(.295/.406/.650) and Sweeney(.315/.386 /.574)

"Don't tell me how they hit, tell me when they hit."

I was at Shingo's only blown save of the year back in August where Lawton hit a 3-run homer in the top of the ninth. :headshake