Let's have a "I've already given up Thread"

Cali

i really hate adding this b/c you may think that i am trying to water down the situation. but i wanted to say, after reading the beginning part that this was a great and funny thread.

Heh, yeah, it's funny "watching" people argue, particularly on a message board like this. It's all in good fun until the attacks start getting personal -- which is what some people on here have taken it to. I hope that changes, though, because I'm on here to discuss Sox ball -- not to get into flaming wars.

damn..missed al lthe fun tonight

clujer....get a clue...you're acting like little b**** ass punk

why can't we all be friends> :headbang

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think that it was you that took it personal?

It was pretty much 1 person, and no, it wasn't just me mistaking it for a personal attack. I don't have the need to join a message board and spend part of my day arguing -- I argue enough with my best friend about baseball. I'm here to share in intelligent Sox discussion, and I would like to see more intelligent discussion and less name calling and disrespectful comments. Like always, I will defend myself if-need-be, but I will not attack until attacked.

do you think that it was you that took it personal?

It was pretty much 1 person, and no, it wasn't just me mistaking it for a personal attack. I don't have the need to join a message board and spend part of my day arguing -- I argue enough with my best friend about baseball. I'm here to share in intelligent Sox discussion, and I would like to see more intelligent discussion and less name calling and disrespectful comments. Like always, I will defend myself if-need-be, but I will not attack until attacked.

that is bull, you didn't know me and you went on the attack. so you may want to rethink that statement.

and you as you said it, you argue with your friends about baseball. guess what we do the same here. there is no difference in what you just said.

that is bull, you didn't know me and you went on the attack. so you may want to rethink that statement.

and you as you said it, you argue with your friends about baseball. guess what we do the same here. there is no difference in what you just said.

Correcting a spelling error...I think it was more than just 1 if I recall, but oh well...is not a personal attack. If you perceived it that way, I'm sorry.

And I didn't say I don't want to argue about baseball here. What I don't want is to sit here and read a bunch of name calling. That's ridiculous.

Correcting a spelling error...I think it was more than just 1 if I recall, but oh well...is not a personal attack. If you perceived it that way, I'm sorry.

And I didn't say I don't want to argue about baseball here. What I don't want is to sit here and read a bunch of name calling. That's ridiculous.

the point is you didn't know me and you went on to correct the spelling. are we in a english class?????

it is the same point that some may have had some liberties with you and you took it wrong.

we have all called others names in a friendly banter. and then there are some nights when thing get out of control.

such as bmr and me. we have had a war going on since the old rival days. but we sometimes talk to each others.

clujer....get a clue...you're acting like little b**** ass punk

More name calling?

I wish some of you would move on and talk about baseball and keep it non-personal. Is that possible?

sorry dude but you jumped on everyone that had a different opinion then you did...and you did it in a way that made it seem like you thought you were superior to anyone that disagreed with you...so people took it as you being agressive and went on the offensive..

i shouldnt have called you a punk ass b****....thats usually not my style..for that i apoligize

sorry dude but you jumped on everyone that had a different opinion then you did...and you did it in a way that made it seem like you thought you were superior to anyone that disagreed with you...so people took it as you being agressive and went on the offensive..

i shouldnt have called you a punk ass b****....thats usually not my style..for that i apoligize

Maybe I'm not aware of what I'm doing. :huh:

Maybe I'm :wacko:?

I don't care if someone has a different opinion than me -- if I did, I would leave this board because it seems that most people disagree with me. Or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. :) But seriously, I only question someone's opinion when it's clearly absurd (like earlier when someone suggested Frank be taken out of the game when he was on base 3 times and the rest of the players today only managed to get on 2 times -- that's really what got this entire ball rolling).

I'll allow people to have their own opinions as long as everyone else gives me the same courtesy.

Maybe I'm not aware of what I'm doing. :huh:

Maybe I'm :wacko:?

I don't care if someone has a different opinion than me -- if I did, I would leave this board because it seems that most people disagree with me. Or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. :) But seriously, I only question someone's opinion when it's clearly absurd (like earlier when someone suggested Frank be taken out of the game when he was on base 3 times and the rest of the players today only managed to get on 2 times -- that's really what got this entire ball rolling).

I'll allow people to have their own opinions as long as everyone else gives me the same courtesy.

i agree that comment about frank had me scratching my head....i think people were really frustrated with how this game was lost...not so much the loss itself..and that led to some spur of the moment type comments that you look at the next day and say WTH was i thinking???

It's a good thing we have the most loyal and smartest sox fan on our side.  And he knows it! "clujer420" Congrats!

RPS you took the words right out of my mouth. And to think I "thought" I was a fan for the past THIRTY YEARS.. :huh:

I'm reading this thread....and we're all pissed because we lost....but we have to realize, that we did play better then they did...and that's the truth. They got luckier than we did....and that's the truth.

I know I saw two lined shots in the game....and I was in school until the 4th or so. I heard Hawk mention Jose's rip to the 2Bman(?....or was it SS? I can't remember), and I saw him rip a MacDougal pitch to the RFer....he just hit them in the wrong spot...another foot one way or the other, and Jose goes 2-3 or 2-4....whatever he would have gone. I saw Sandy rip one right to Randa....a foot one way or the other...and it is a single or even a double. I also believe Rowand hit one that was just foul....a foot or maybe a little more right....and that is a fair ball.

Meanwhile....Ken Harvey fights off a pitch in about the 5th or so...and it goes down the line for a double. 2 inches to the left....and Konerko has it in his glove.

That s*** will happen to you....and it just happened to us on opening day. In my books....this loss is no big deal. We were going to lose to them eventually over the course of the season. You can't win 'em all.