Ben Gordon

you said it.

they appear to be helpless at times vs teams they should handle.

yes, there are teams they should handle (76'ers).

they seem to play up and down to the competition lately.

Do you follow much basketball outside of the Bulls? It's only a matter of time before the 76ers gel under O'Brien. They have a nice core of young defensive studs (Iguodala, Dalembert) and veteran players who have been there before (Iverson, McKie, Williamson, Thomas, etc). It doesn't take a basketball expert to see that. The Bulls have zero worthwhile veterans, and only one defensive stud who is injured more than half of the time.

The Bulls should handle them? :lol:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalembert

I like that o'brien has finally said dalembert will see more playing time. There is really no reason that he is not playing 30-35 minutes per game. He almost averaged 8 rebounds and he averaged 2.2 blocks per game i think in only 26 minutes. That is pretty damn good in limited time.

I like that o'brien has finally said dalembert will see more playing time. There is really no reason that he is not playing 30-35 minutes per game. He almost averaged 8 rebounds and he averaged 2.2 blocks per game i think in only 26 minutes. That is pretty damn good in limited time.

It took Sammy a while to learn the system, but better late than never. He was an absolute monster throughout the second half last year.

Minnesota's Kevin Garnett was impressed with Gordon's game, but not the final shot.

"That was bull," said Garnett, who had 16 points -- matching his season low -- and 21 rebounds.

"If he was going to the basket it would have been different. ... Gordon just came out and had a monster game. It's our first time seeing the young fellow play or at least playing against him. He had a good game."

Despite their record, the Bulls (4-14) have some impressive trophies on their mantel, having beaten Cleveland, Utah, the Lakers and now the Wolves. Not that that took any of the sting out of it. At the very end, with Gordon about to dribble out the clock, Wolves swingman Latrell Sprewell dared him to shoot it. Gordon did, and made it, just for punctuation.

Yo Dbaho,  I got 20 Bucks on your Magic tonight... :P They better not let me down. :lol:

By the way,  will Hill be back for tonight's game against the Lakers?  And what's the status on Kelvin Cato?

That bet is lookin pretty good right now Jordan. 29-22 Magic in the 1st. And Hill is playing.

Well I'll take credit for being right.

Both the Magic and the Lakers have yet to gel, but from what I've observed so far this year, the Magic are the better team. This is all made possible by the return of Grant Hill and the rise of Dwight Howard. Without those two in the picture, the Magic would be getting mopped.

Who has the better 9 man rotation?

Magic

PG Francis

SG Mobley

SF Hill

PF Howard

C Battie

6 Turkoglu

7 Cato

8 Garrity

9 Nelson

Lakers

PG Atkins

SG Bryant

SF Butler

PF/SF Odom

C Mihm

6 Walton

7 Grant

8 Divac

9 Cook

The Lakers have zero backcourt depth, and their frontcourt is not too impressive...perhaps bottom 5 in the league.

While I would have bet on the Lakers in their own building (as I still think that they're a 45 win type team), I think that the Magic are better overall.

And I'm sure that I'm not alone on that one.

But if/when Hill gets injured, stick a fork in 'em.

i think next year when howard established more of an offensive touch to go around with his already stellar rebounding they be a great team that will score more than they do now

He could score 20 points per game if he had more than three plays run for him.

i think next year when howard established more of an offensive touch to go around with his already stellar rebounding they be a great team that will score more than they do now

Honestly, they have enough scorers now (Francis, Mobley, Hill, even Turkoglu, etc). All that Howard needs to do is rebound and play defense.

But yeah, he'll hold them back in certain areas, particularly free throw shooting and turnovers. He had 7 turnovers in one game the other day. He was also shooting 45% from the free-throw line through the first month or so.