Nero Says Johnson never turned down the Sox

santo=dorf

Ozzies tells the truth and point blank heres answer of this even happening

Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said he would love to see Johnson in a White Sox uniform.

"That's a good rumor," Guillen said. "We always go by dreams, and I think my general manager (hasn't been getting) three or four days of sleep thinking about it. If Randy Johnson comes here, it would be nice. But you have to go through a lot of different things to get him

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just my gut feeling after processing all the information... but I think RJ will end up staying in Arizona. He'll be satisfied that AZ improved themselves with Glauss and Ortiz, and I think AZ will basically tell him we're not getting good enough offers, so we're not going to move you.

Really looking back through his career he has been under 200 IP twice in the last 15 years.  2003 when he was hurt, and 1994 when he still pitched 172 innings, which is enough to qualify for the ERA crown.

Johnson has had one injury, in one year.  That's it.  Everything else is just speculation.

Not really. I worry a little about Johnson's health, not b/c of his injury history, but b/c the description of his knee's condition sounds pretty bad. From what I've read, he's got almost no cartilage remaining in his right knee. I know he gets those fluid injections, but it just doesn't sound very stable. Now, I know that's not educated medical knowledge, but it is more than "just speculation". I'd actually be really interested in hearing the opinion of someone who understands this type of treatment better.

That said, I'd still love to see the Sox take on RJ. I would probably take him for one season over any other pitcher in the ML, he's just too dominant to pass up.

Acquiring RJ at the expense of JG, PK/C.Lee, and a high level prospect would cripple our offense.

An offseason where we lose our 2 top offensive threats, but gain the most intimidating pitcher I've ever seen raises a lot of questions. Where will our offense come from? I suppose we'd be hopefull that guys like Crede and Harris will finally come into their own, and that Uribe and Rowand's seasons from last year were not flukes. I just don't think that Everett is an everyday player at this point of his career, and if we send C.Lee to AZ he'd be the frontrunner for left. You have to give something to get something.

:lolhitting

Cynic alert

No use cutting anyone off until everything is finalized

Remember all those championships we won with Tom Seaver? Another HoF pitcher spending his twilight years on the Sox.

As I recall, Seaver was the best pitcher on the Sox while we had him. It wasn't his fault the rest of the guys went into the toilet.

Honestly I only want RJ is JR is willing to open up the payroll and pay for a consistant offense as well.

I don't care who it is. I don't want Jason Grilli anywhere near this team.

...and god forbid RJ got hurt, then our rotation becomes:

Buherle

Garcia

Contreas

Diaz

Grilli/Some other minor league after Grilli goes 0-10 to start the year...

:puke

RJ IS TOO BIG OF A DAMN GAMBLE WITH OUR PAYROLL.

JR WILL NOT OPEN UP THE PAYROLL!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE WHAT IF CONTRERAS GETS HURT, AND GARCIA HAS A EAR DRUM PROBLEM AGAIN, OR BUEHRLE HAS A HUNTING ACCIDENT THEN OUR ROTATION WOULD LOOK LIKE:

JOHNSON

DIAZ

GRILLI

MUNOZ

COTTS

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

and to counter with your JR "argument"

White Sox | Room For Payroll Wiggle If Necessary - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:54:49 -0800

According to The Chicago Tribune's Bob Foltman, the Chicago White Sox are approaching their $72 million budget for next season, but White Sox general manager Kenny Williams did not rule out owner Jerry Reinsdorf raising the payroll if the situation were right. "The one thing I know about Reinsdorf is he wants to win," Williams said. "If there is something very attractive to us to a degree that it obviously makes sense to us, I know that if I take it to him, he will consider it."

What were you saying again? :rolly :rolly :rolly

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LIKE WHAT IF CONTRERAS GETS HURT, AND GARCIA HAS A EAR DRUM PROBLEM AGAIN, OR BUEHRLE HAS A HUNTING ACCIDENT THEN OUR ROTATION WOULD LOOK LIKE:

JOHNSON

DIAZ

GRILLI

MUNOZ

COTTS

:puke  :puke  :puke :puke :puke

and to counter with your JR "argument"

What were you saying again?  :rolly  :rolly  :rolly

Jeckle, you must have posted your argument in another thread, because I don't see a response.

I know you don't want to give up Garland or Anderson, but could you just admit that getting RJ would be an upgrade over our current staff and team, and that it's possible for the Sox to afford him because Randy is the type of player that will put asses in the seats?

My thoughts...

-Figures dorf started this thread :lol: :lol: ;)

-Anything is possible, don't rule this trade out

-Randy to the Chicago White Sox would be a PR explosion. It would be fantastic for the city, and, it could have a Pudge-to-the-Tigers free agent ripple affect for the future.

-Also sounds like a great way to drive up the market after it seemed that teams died down on RJ. Could be a ploy.

-Anyway you cut it, this has to be good news. Randy Johnson to the Sox, c'mon folks. I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the future for a chance with Randy now.

Could someone give me three reasons why Randy Johnson would want to finish his career in Chicago? Money? Championship? Hometown boy? He has his pick of teams. What would move Chicago into prime consideration?

Simple, he's one of the very few options that gets him out of Arizona.

Could someone give me three reasons why Randy Johnson would want to finish his career in Chicago? Money? Championship? Hometown boy? He has his pick of teams. What would move Chicago into prime consideration?

Who says he has to finish up here? I would mind having him for one season because I am confident that a rotation of Johnson, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras and yo momma could get us to the playoffs, and that was BEFORE the Hermanson and Dye signings.

Johnson wants to get to 300 wins, He owns just about every team in the Central, and he would get to face the young hitters on the Royals, Indians, and Tigers each 4-5 times a year.

He might want to come back to the AL because he doesn't have to worry about batting anymore which would limit his team selection to the Yanks, Sox, and Angels.

His relationship with Reinsdorf. I don't know how it is, but the two are neighbors in Arizona.

:pray Please come to the Sox RJ.

Why were you talking down this trade a few days ago?  Just emotions flying after the dissapointment of hearing he wasn't coming to Chicago?

Because I was mislead into believing he wouldn't come here at all costs.

I want Vazquez or Johnson for next season.

f*** Garland. :fyou

guys get a grip. You can talk all about it happening. Until it does just stop. I mean we been talking 4 weeks now about this.

Yeah, it's not like we're talking about acquiring a Cy Young winner, or one of the greatest left handers of all time. :rolly

Getting Johnson would be a great PR move for the Sox and perhaps their biggest acquisition since Albert Belle.