Please stop the player bashing/Giving up threads

Chris B

This website is going to be a first class place for Sox fans to go and that type of language is not acceptable.

who the hell are you to come in here and tell us whats acceptable or not????... :fyou

and this is GOING to be a first class place for fans to go???...it already is... without your help...

people like you make me :puke

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now I am really against any switch to anything.  It is not worth it.  I am getting a strong impression that the Insiders or whatever the hell their name is has their own agenda and it is not in line with this place.

Sorry Jason, Molto, et al, but I think they are using you to get access to something where they didn't have it with no intention of preserving the integrity of this place but making it to a cookie cutter pattern of their own... and charge us for it.

Cw.. I'm with you. Their format looks nice and clean.. but I think we've got a good thing here and at the risk of losing members and activity, think we should leave well enough alone.

well said steff....us "less than first class" fans have to have a site of our own too :lol:

This website is going to be a first class place for Sox fans to go and that type of language is not acceptable.

who the hell are you to come in here and tell us whats acceptable or not????... :fyou

and this is GOING to be a first class place for fans to go???...it already is... without your help...

people like you make me :puke

and what if Chris B is one oif the self righteous holier than thou assholes from Insider who will destroy this place to make it serve their purposes? I have very bad feelings about this whole deal and I suspect that once Insider gets a hold of this message board it is gone from us forever

as well as what was quoted above, we also have this in this thread posted by Chris B (and printed in green because it deserves to it):

If you say so, I am just trying to help. I have led many of websites to grow in hits and members. I am only trying to help, Im not trying to rock any boats by any means.

Are message boards meant to allow others to express their opinions? Yes

Is it okay to use language that isnt suitable for children or anyone for that matter? No, that is where I have the problem some of the language on here makes me think we are on a Howard Stern board. The fact is if this language is allowed to continue then this site will not grow and be respectable among its peers in baseball.

Believe it or not its true, trust me I have been there and done that.

Someone has a very high exalted opinion of themself or we have someone who is counting the days until he/she/it can exercize total control over this board and destroy this community to make it serve some corporation's purpose.

I have that feeling too.  I didn't want to be the first to say it.

Wussie!! ;)

oh you said wussie...chris???...come enlighten us again...i dont think we got your message the first time

No baggs.. I called bj a wussie cause he didn't want to be the first to say anything bad about the new site.. keep up boy!! :D ;)

well said steff....us "less than first class" fans have to have a site of our own too :lol:

I still can't believe I've started hanging out with you trailer trash. :lol:

Oh please mooch.. it's a HUGE improvement over the sewer slum you were hanging out with!! :D ;)

I still can't believe I've started hanging out with you trailer trash. :lol:

just cause my house has more wheels on it then my pick up truck doesnt make me trailor trash...does it :D

as well as what was quoted above, we also have this in this thread posted by Chris B (and printed in green because it deserves to it):

If you say so, I am just trying to help. I have led many of websites to grow in hits and members. I am only trying to help, Im not trying to rock any boats by any means.

Are message boards meant to allow others to express their opinions? Yes

Is it okay to use language that isnt suitable for children or anyone for that matter? No, that is where I have the problem some of the language on here makes me think we are on a Howard Stern board. The fact is if this language is allowed to continue then this site will not grow and be respectable among its peers in baseball.

Believe it or not its true, trust me I have been there and done that.

Someone has a very high exalted opinion of themself or we have someone who is counting the days until he/she/it can exercize total control over this board and destroy this community to make it serve some corporation's purpose.

i sensing that too....but we wont go down w/o a fight :ph34r:

mario , jason , murc??....any comments guys...what is the future of this site??...is this chris guy or someone from the new site you are tied in with gonna take over and become the board police :huh:

or have conspiracy theories run amuck :lol:

inquirering minds wanna know :headbang

No way have I ever said that nor have I made any indication that I was.

I am the biggest PaleHose fan you will find from the minors to the majors I know about every Sox player we have.

Besides if I was from the Insiders what would I gain?

I am the biggest PaleHose fan you will find from the minors to the majors I know about every Sox player we have.

You didn't answer the question. <_>

Guest hotsoxchick1

well hells bells i sure did not pay attention to this topic close enough...........lol........chirs.... you said somewhere along the way to look at this in a professional way...... most of us here are professionals all day long and come here to blow off steam, hang out, chit chat, talk baseball and just in general act stupid at times........and its all cool with the owners or it must be because we have been doing it since the old boards and it just carried to the new ones..... when its time to talk serious we do...and when its time to joke around we do..... :huh: :o :P :rolleyes: :ph34r: :fyou :bringit these little thingys were put there for a reason......our amusement........to insert where needed ect. ect. ect... no one is gonna take down the boards by saying one little :fyou or anything else cause we all know it can happen and are used to it..........i run a small site which has curently 402 memebers in it... not huge or anything but its all people who we have had on one or another message board and have gotten lost along the way or left one place or another for various reasons........we all get along and speak our minds freely there as well without problems................so i guess i dont see , after all this time what your problem is............can you go a little further in details or something????? you have been here since most of us have and you are just now getting tired of it?????what gives????

its odd that someone belongs for a while and never posts and then all of a sudden takes a proprietorary air to this place and begins to lecture and chide and gives us the little :rolleyes: post and say the things that Chris B has said, and did not, as was pointed out, answer the question.

Either there is something going on or we have a real odd individual here.

And as you say HSC this is precisely one reason to come here is to blow off steam. The MLB WS board is for the public, this site has always been for adult friends.

its odd that someone belongs for a while and never posts and then all of a sudden takes a proprietorary air to this place and begins to lecture and chide and gives us the little  :rolleyes: post  and say the things that Chris B has said, and  did not, as was pointed out, answer the question.

And as you say HSC this is precisely one reason to come ehre is to blow off steam.  The MLB WS board is for the public, this site has always been for adult friends.

:P :D :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
its odd that someone belongs for a while and never posts and then all of a sudden takes a proprietorary air to this place and begins to lecture and chide and gives us the little  :rolleyes: post  and say the things that Chris B has said, and  did not, as was pointed out, answer the question.

And as you say HSC this is precisely one reason to come ehre is to blow off steam.  The MLB WS board is for the public, this site has always been for adult friends.

cw thats what i thought odd too and maybe im in my "blonde mode" today but i just didnt understand where he was comin from being here all this time and its just now starting to bother him??? geez he was around a long time and has seen some outrageous stuff along the lines here as we all have and nobody seemed p.o.d about it.........guess that was why i was confused.........oh well cant please everyone all the time... i know i sure try as hell to but it just doesnt work............whacha gonna do? :huh:

You didn't answer the question. <_>

How does my first statement not answer THE question?

Sorry for being late on this post people. I saw the begining of it and had a feeling it would just lead to an argument on who is a true fan or not (stuff I just get sick of).

anyway, as far as what was said.

Chris B. Your point is well taken, but this board will never turn soft. the whole reason we bought the domain name www.soxtalk.com is so it stands alone. SoxNet and SoxTalk are two different sites. SoxNet I like to think is clean and objective, while the board is more freedom-to-say-whatever-the-hell-you-want-based.

if this board was directly within soxnet.net, I may CONSIDER your stance on this issue, but if fans can't express their opinion on a white sox message board, where else can they?

as far as the whole "kids are reading" stuff. what is really bad with seeing the F-word? I mean if a kid is actually influenced by this board, it is theirs parents poor parenting skills rather than the language on the board.

people, say what you want. Chris B., please, I respect what you do and you're a nice guy, but this is how this board is and will always be.

I hope this ends this thread. PLEASE, I know some of you are gonna be tempted to throw more shots at Chris B. or vise versa, you know I ain't gonna delete it or anything, but can you please refrain from doing it?

thanks,

Mario

here is my reason for them playing bad.

Garland has always had trouble against the Royals

The Sox have always had trouble with the Royals

and the Sox suck during day games.

either way, not acceptable.

very ugly game today. still, I'm confident and I had the Sox coming in second for my predictions, unlike others who had them coming in first. so I'm in the clear :P