Southside hitmen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he is;

I saw him play for several years with the Astros - he's an awful shortstop.

Lots of errors (seemingly in the late innings)  and marginal range

He is seventh out of the 22 shortstops eligible for range factor and tenth in zone rating. So he doe have some decent range, but he does seem to forgot to hold onto the ball at times.

The Astros replaced him with someone who can't hit at all: Adam Everett (Everett is a good fielder, but he also has a 315 career OBP). That should provide a clue.

Anyway, the degree of his below-averageness is debatable, I doubt anyone could argue with a straight face that he's a good player; so why would we want him on this team?

Anyway,  the degree of his below-averageness is debatable,  I doubt anyone could argue with a straight face that he's a good player;  so why would we want him on this team?

I could --

As far as his defense goes -- The best measurement I know for defense is UZR, which unfortuantely anavailable for 2004 because it's "owned" by one major league team -- I do have his 2000-2003 numbers, when he saved about 17 runs per 162 games(good for sixth best in baseball among SS)

On offense he's a .271/.334/.399shortstop -- while the average SS has been about .26something/.320/.395 over the same time span

I would say that a player who's above average offensively and defensively at their position is a "good" player.

Huff

I just don't see why we would do this trade, unless they plan to move huff to 1b.

This only helps us when adding a left handed bat to the lineup.

Trade Pauly  Joe B to Tampa for Hall and HUff

Trade

Lee, Diaz, Hall,  to Azi

WE get RJ

We might have to give up Garland though

trade konerko and crede and borchard for wells and batista. trade lee for huff

Heard a report on by Tim Kurjkin  saying that the Whitesox are talking to Tampa Bay about Aubrey Huff and Toby Hall

That would be a fantastic acquisition. I'd deal Lee and a very good prospect in a package for those two. I

Huff is a stud and would be the answer to the left handed bat and while Hall hasn't been that great I think he could really put things together. I'm a Hall fan.

The Astros replaced him with someone who can't hit at all:  Adam Everett (Everett is a good fielder, but he also has a 315 career OBP).  That should provide a clue.

Anyway,  the degree of his below-averageness is debatable,  I doubt anyone could argue with a straight face that he's a good player;  so why would we want him on this team?

The Astros got rid of him due to run ins with the law. He was always a guy who had a lot of potential and he's realizing it down in Tampa. But the Drays are happy with their potential middle infield and would like to get rid of him.

Lugo would be a fantastic pickup, although I'd probably shift him to 2nd base.

The Astros got rid of him due to run ins with the law.  He was always a guy who had a lot of potential and he's realizing it down in Tampa.  But the Drays are happy with their potential middle infield and would like to get rid of him.

Lugo would be a fantastic pickup, although I'd probably shift him to 2nd base.

Didn't they end up finding him falsely accused?

This is a bogus rumor. The only reason TB would trade Huff is for salary relief. They don't want Lee's contract or Konerko's. The only guys the Sox could trade to TB for him would be their top prospects. KW has said the Sox basically need to go $ for $. Huff is not coming to Chicago.

Even the devil rays can pay the $4.75 million huff is making this upcoming season. That is such a bargain for the numbers he puts up and his versatility it's not even funny.

I think so, that or his wife dropped the charges.  Forget what exactly what it was, but it was him beating his wife or something along those lines (allegedly). 

Supposedly he's really cleaned up his act since.

I think his wife dropped the charges, which is what usually happens. The White Sox should stay away from wife beaters.

Come to think of it, I recall Beane really covets Huff. I could see where Huff could be the key to a Hudson deal.

Who wouldn't, just look at his numbers. One of those really good players that not many people know about.

Stick him in left and watch him hit .300 with 35 HR's and 100 plus RBI's.

SPeaking of Hall. He'll hit .260 or so but he throws out about 38% of would be base stealers. Plus he's only 27 years old and rarely strikes out. (41 times in 404 AB's this past season).

Even the devil rays can pay the $4.75 million huff is making this upcoming season. That is such a bargain for the numbers he puts up and his versatility it's not even funny.

Exactly. If they trade him, they aren't going to want Konerko for $9 million (with his bonus for being traded) or Lee at $8 million when Huff may be better than either one all by himself. They have $ problems, and Lou may leave if they don't start spending.Trading him doesn't make much sense unless they want a few top of the line prospects. Sweeney, Anderson and BMac are the guys they would want for this guy, and not just one of them, and maybe not just two.