A's Deal Hudson

ManSooLee

I can't imagine this trade actually happening unless the Dodgers throw in another major player. Beane would be nuts to deal Hudson unless he gets at least one guy that is going to make a major contribution on next year's team. Think about this for a second: the hot rumor before the Dodgers one was Marcus Giles. There's quite a difference there.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would rotoworld say about the dodgers and this trade...?  I know the A's are looking for a 2b....but there are a lot better deals out there...and i know the sox could be ones to give one of those deals.

Willie Harris (whom so many hate hear) is a better pickup then Perez. Harris is a good OBP guy, especially if he can build his average up and is an above average defensive second baseman with TONS of speed.

Willie will prove himself if Ozzie gives him the op. I also think Willie will have to work his ass off because it sounds like he thinks he's the greatest player in the world (boy would that attitude be the exact opposite of how Hawk and DJ describe him; considering they say he's always so down on himself).

ah i see what they meant now

yea, the angles are gonna be damn good this year, and they arent even done in the FA market it seems

ill have fun watching them this year

But the A's won't....They might finish behind the Rangers and the Angels if this deal were to work out...

But the A's won't....They might finish behind the Rangers and the Angels if this deal were to work out...

Don't look past Seattle, they weren't near as bad of a team as their record would indicate, imo. Plus they'll likely pick up two pretty good players this offseason.

Don't look past Seattle, they weren't near as bad of a team as their record would indicate, imo.  Plus they'll likely pick up two pretty good players this offseason.

true....i put thought into it....but i couldn't see the A's finishing horrible...they still have pretty good pitching and a good lineup to at least contend with the Angels and Rangers..

I think Beane rates Jackson above Bmac.  Remember, Bmac is very well known by us but maybe not as much by other organizations.

At the same time I'm also assuming Beane wanted him out of the AL.  He's going to be outstanding in LA. 

Beane is a flipping moron.  I know people will disagree with me, but he's made quite a few questionable moves as of late and his fascination with breaking up the big three is foolish.

Just tell me when he finally gets the A's to a World Series...oh wait....its never going to happen  :lol:

Angels just became bigger favorites  :headbang

Do you think Billy would like a package of bmac, willie, and rogo over this one he's getting from the dodgers?? If so would you be willing to make that deal?? I just added rogo cause he sounds like the type of guy beane likes but I'm not sure.

Do you think Billy would like a package of bmac, willie, and rogo over this one he's getting from the dodgers??  If so would you be willing to make that deal??  I just added rogo cause he sounds like the type of guy beane likes but I'm not sure.

I don't think so. Jackson is a highly touted prospect that is borderline major leagues already, and Perez hit pretty well at AAA. B-Mac is still a little off in terms of getting to the majors, and Willie hasn't shown much. I think we'd have to throw in a better prospect than Rogowski, or give them someone off the MLB roster.

You have to think to, Im sure it was an added bonus that Hudson is now out of the AL for Beane......But I still dont understand this...... I think were all missing something........

Sure he's out of the AL...but what if the best deal was in the AL...at least think about getting him out of the division before getting him out of the league. I know that the Sox/Cardinals/Braves/Orioles all could have put up better offers...which makes you wonder why the Braves and Cardinals(both in the NL) didn't get considered over the Dodgers?? Though a deal with those teams can still happen cuz of the current hold up or whatever is causing this deal not to be done. Beane better hope a deal like this doesn't happen cuz he can get so much more. :unsure:

I don't think so. Jackson is a highly touted prospect that is borderline major leagues already, and Perez hit pretty well at AAA. B-Mac is still a little off in terms of getting to the majors, and Willie hasn't shown much. I think we'd have to throw in  a better prospect than Rogowski, or give them someone off the MLB roster.

Jackson was horrid last year in triple a though. If this trade does go down i think hudson will have a 2.70 era or lower.

barring some form of injury or something...he'd definitely would be that low...He could flirt with having 1.?? ERA...it's possible....especially the amount of homers he doesn't give up and the control he has.

1 era? Don't know about that, but in the low 2's seems like a good possiblity.

1 era? Don't know about that, but in the low 2's seems like a good possiblity.

basically me saying "flirting with a 1.?? something ERA" is saying "having a low 2's". I wouldn't think he would have a mid to low 1 ERA, but a high 1 or a low 2...he is a type of pitcher that i could see that happening too.

Do you think Billy would do that trade, aj??  Would you be willing to give up that much for huddy, I know I would.

Which trade? The one you proposed? Or the actual one reported. I would do both of them but then there would have to be no ifs, ands, or buts , we would have to get polanco to fill the hole at second.

Jackson was horrid last year in triple a though. If this trade does go down i think hudson will have a 2.70 era or lower.

I understand that, but for some reason people still regard him as a monster prospect, and compared to B-Mac he is a little more advanced.

And yes, Hudson would be an absolute monster in LA. I think he'd be under 2.5

Which trade? The one you proposed? Or the actual one reported. I would do both of them but then there would have to be no ifs, ands, or buts , we would have to get polanco to fill the hole at second.

Ya, the one I proposed. I guess the hang up on this deal is the A's getting an extra prospect or atleast that's what's being reported, I wonder if someone is flying under the radar and trying to make a late push at huddy. :ph34r:

Hudson has learned to pitch to contact, and sacrifice strikeouts, He's not going to get as much benefit as some expect from pitching in Chavez Ravine.

Year, BB/9, HR/9

00 - 3.64, 1.06

01 - 2.71, .77

02 - 2.34, .72

03 - 2.29, .56

04 - 2.10, .38

Also K/9

00 - 7.52

01 - 6.93

02 - 5.74

03 - 6.08

04 - 4.91

Hudson is an extreme groundball pitcher. Those few HR's that he did give up would most likely still be HR's at LA too.

Ya, thats why Hudson would look so freaking good at the Cell.

And yes I would make that deal and I think Beane would have to consider it.

One thing you have to watch out for is Jackson's arm. He's had some arm problems and while nothing has been serious, I wouldn't call him 100%.

He's got some pretty explosive stuff though. Its just a bad move, no other way to put it, imo.

Hudson has learned to pitch to contact, and sacrifice strikeouts, He's not going to get as much benefit as some expect from pitching in Chavez Ravine.

Year, BB/9, HR/9

00 - 3.64, 1.06

01 - 2.71, .77

02 - 2.34, .72

03 - 2.29, .56

04 - 2.10, .38

Also K/9

00 - 7.52

01 - 6.93

02 - 5.74

03 - 6.08

04 - 4.91

Hudson is an extreme groundball pitcher.  Those few HR's that he did give up would most likely still be HR's at LA too.

Hudson will have a pretty good middle infield though with Itzuris and Cora (assuming Cora stays).

Year, BB/9, HR/9

00 - 3.64, 1.06

01 - 2.71, .77

02 - 2.34, .72

03 - 2.29, .56

04 - 2.10, .38

Also K/9

00 - 7.52

01 - 6.93

02 - 5.74

03 - 6.08

04 - 4.91

Hudson is an extreme groundball pitcher.  Those few HR's that he did give up would most likely still be HR's at LA too.

My reason for talking about the decrease in era was the switch to the national league.

Its just a bad move, no other way to put it, imo.

I definitely agree with you, from my perspective it doesn't make sense. Why would the A's even want Jackson? They'd still have Mulder, Zito, Harden, and Blanton. Starting pitching would be the least of my concerns. If I were them, I would seek an affordable bat with some pop to give Chavez some support and another power arm in the pen to go with Dotel and the probable emergence of Jairo Garcia to give the team some more balance.