A's Deal Hudson

ManSooLee

Jackson was #1 ranked all of baseball as pitching prospect BMAC is not even in team picture.

Compare Jacksons stats to Bmac's last year. I think it's safe to say that Edwin has a better arm but I think bmac has been more consistant so far in his minor league career.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some sports writer from L.S says that the Huddy to dodgers deal isn't that close and that some baseball officials were laughing at how close the media was making it out to be.  I'll find out his name eventually, I have to listen more closely :lol: .

Good lord, this is turning into an election exit poll.

Yesterday you had ESPN and other saying Edgar to the BoSox was done pending a physical and then Theo comes out saying they just started talking a few hours earlier.

Now you have this debacle.

Yesterday you had ESPN and other saying Edgar to the BoSox was done pending a physical and then Theo comes out saying they just started talking a few hours earlier.

And by L.S. I mean't L.A. :ph34r: :lol:

Good point.

Even on rotoworld, the latest deal they have on the whole thing is Hudson's comment on how no one has even talked to him about the deal yet, other than hearing some reports.

Kind of odd that the player hasn't even been talked to by either team yet, huh

?

Yeah, that's the problem with "sources" sometimes they're used for negotiation purposes... like Edgar's people could have been leaking this information to ESPN in hopes the Cardinals would run in and dump a bunch of money on the table. It seems like I tease KW about 'flying under the radar' comment a lot, but that's what happens with big deals... ESPN or other major outlets will report nothing or contrary reports than all of a sudden the ticker will have a breaking story that no one even mentioned.

Compare Jacksons stats to Bmac's last year.  I think it's safe to say that Edwin has a better arm but I think bmac has been more consistant so far in his minor league career.

Lets see how Bmac throws above AA before comparing him to anyone else.

Maybe Beane knows something well all dont, but it looks like he just got taken to school by Depodesta. Seems awfully one-sided to me, and the Dodgers are looking pretty damn good right about now.

do you really think that Billy Beane would make a move like this, which would be very one-sided, when there are other teams with better offers??? We arent talking about KW here, im sure this isnt the final deal

Dodgers GM Paul DePodesta said tonight that he's yet to officially make an offer for Tim Hudson.

"My understanding is [the A's] still dealing with a lot of teams," DePodesta said. "They're exploring their options. They're not ready to do something yet." Still, DePodesta did sound optimistic that a deal was possible, adding that he and and Oakland GM Bille Beane know each other so well that they can get something done quickly if it comes to that. "We've talked about specific players," he said. "We're on the same wavelength in terms of players. I don't think there's much mystery on either side." Dec. 13 - 12:15 am et