Reminder to Everyone Tonight...

CWSGuy406

The fact that the Arizona GM told KW that Randy Johnson didnt want to play for the Sox, and that he highly doubted he would hear back from Arizona.  He wasn't laughing about this, but then you could tell something was up when he was making a joke about trading Lee or Konerko.  It's the same type of laughing he did on the Score last week when they brought up Dye's name the day before he was signed.

Re-read Mr. Showtime's first post, it was edited.

It is being reported on the Sox main webpage that Alan Nero said RJ never declined to go to the Sox because he was never asked about it. On Fox tonight, KW said he has not heard from Arizona since the meeting the Arizona brass held with RJ last night at 10:30 PM CT. ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-read Mr. Showtime's first post, it was edited.

It is being reported on the Sox main webpage that Alan Nero said RJ never declined to go to the Sox because he was never asked about it.  On Fox tonight, KW said he has not heard from Arizona since the meeting the Arizona brass held with RJ last night at 10:30 PM CT.  ;)

Yeah, I edited the post, as to not confuse posters into thinking that Randy has withing the past 24-48 hours said no.

I honestly don't think that if there was something even possible going on with Randy Johnson that KW would have said he had heard he didnt want to come to the White Sox. There have been so many different sources that have said RJ doesn't want to come to the Sox, so I have a very hard time believing that if it only boiled down to the Sox or staying in Arizona that he would pick us.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't want the Sox to trade for RJ, which would cost the Sox a ton of money for 2 years likely, if it's going to cost them Lee or Konerko, Garland, and likely a top prospect like Anderson. Even if we get RJ, we have a ton of holes to fill on this team. Adding RJ to the Sox don't make them on par with the Angels, Yanks, or Red Sox right now. Having RJ doesn't guarantee victory...just ask Arizona last year.

There have been so many different sources that have said RJ doesn't want to come to the Sox, so I have a very hard time believing that if it only boiled down to the Sox or staying in Arizona that he would pick us.

Meh, that's crap. People like Gammons and the Score are going off of nothing.

We all know he wants the Yankees, and he wants out of Arizona. Those two things we know to be fact.

His trade choices as of now are the Yankees, Sox, maybe Cardinals or Angels.

The Cards GM has said if they sign Edgar than they are tapped money wise and can't get Randy. We know the situation with the Yankees, they maybe talking to Pedro now as well. So really, all of this is coming down to the Sox.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't want the Sox to trade for RJ, which would cost the Sox a ton of money for 2 years likely, if it's going to cost them Lee or Konerko, Garland, and likely a top prospect like Anderson.  Even if we get RJ, we have a ton of holes to fill on this team.  Adding RJ to the Sox don't make them on par with the Angels, Yanks, or Red Sox right now.  Having RJ doesn't guarantee victory...just ask Arizona last year.

I think Konerko is gone after this year anyway. I highly doubt they'll pay him big money, so get something for him now. They have an option to buy out Thomas after this season as well. So we may enter 2006, without Thomas and Konerko, which would leave alot of money to spend on another bat.

For once in our lives take a run at the Series.

We all know he wants the Yankees, and he wants out of Arizona. Those two things we know to be fact.

His trade choices as of now are the Yankees, Sox, maybe Cardinals or Angels.

The Cards GM has said if they sign Edgar than they are tapped money wise and can't get Randy. We know the situation with the Yankees, they maybe talking to Pedro now as well. So really, all of this is coming down to the Sox.

St. Louis also needs a second baseman. Palcido Polanco won't come cheaply.

How's it crap when tons of different sources state the same exact thing? And no, I don't mean the Score or other tabloid sports stations. Jayson Stark said Randy didnt want to go to the Sox like a month ago, and since then, there have been nothing but reports that said he didnt want to play in Chicago.

St. Louis also needs a second baseman.  Palcido Polanco won't come cheaply.

It's going to come down to us or the Yankees. We have the best package to offer, it's all up to Randy.

If the Yanks can some how land Pedro, then they're out of the Johnson derby as well.

How's it crap when tons of different sources state the same exact thing?  And no, I don't mean the Score or other tabloid sports stations.  Jayson Stark said Randy didnt want to go to the Sox like a month ago, and since then, there have been nothing but reports that said he didnt want to play in Chicago.

Perhaps Stark is going off of what the D-Backs GM said. His agents have said the opposite, someone is lying here.

I think Konerko is gone after this year anyway. I highly doubt they'll pay him big money, so get something for him now. They have an option to buy out Thomas after this season as well. So we may enter 2006, without Thomas and Konerko, which would leave alot of money to spend on another bat.

For once in our lives take a run at the Series.

I agree, I would love for this team to make the World Series. However, even if we got RJ for Konerko, Garland, and a prospect, we'd need to still fill in gapping holes at catcher, 2nd base, number 5 pitcher, and we'd still have question marks at 1b, 3b, and the bullpen. I'm all for improving this team, but not just for next year, but for the next 3 or 4 years. Tim Hudson would have been a great fit for this team.

I agree, I would love for this team to make the World Series.  However, even if we got RJ for Konerko, Garland, and a prospect, we'd need to still fill in gapping holes at catcher, 2nd base, number 5 pitcher, and we'd still have question marks at 1b, 3b, and the bullpen.  I'm all for improving this team, but not just for next year, but for the next 3 or 4 years.  Tim Hudson would have been a great fit for this team.

I think Hudson would've been nice, we just don't have a good infielder to trade.

I would think the Sox would be smart enough to go out and address another hole if they can Randy. I guess all of this is wait and see what happens.

Its called agent and randy want out no matter what. The deals gm saw he did not like including ours ladies and gentelmen. Yankees tried offer a fair deal and diamondbacks wanted more. You also wonder why chisox wanted chacon? its called arizona wanted him on top 10 list so we could at least try and offer it up to randy Johnson. The gm of the arizona diamondbacks is trying cool things over with rj now and saying were planning keep you and quite frankil I think arizona telling us go look trade elsewhere. The agent and rj have their say but it looks like management is making sure they dont get screwed like last deal for sexton. Thats my opinion. Also I rather care about lee and konerko being traded then rj right now cause it looks like one of them will be gone. Quite franikly I will miss them a whole lot when one of them is gone

Which starting pitcher are we going to get for Konerko or Lee? Batista?

I'd rather have a rotation of Johnson, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Grilli/Diaz/yo momma

over

Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Batista, Garland.

Just ask the 2004 Red Sox how much a dominating pitcher can help your team.

Pal I would like that to. But its a dream and a fantasy like ozzie guillen the manager even said. So we can talk to months about it but start talking where lee and or konerko could go elsewhere. Alot teams want a player like lee or Konerko. Quite frankily I rather talk about that than hearing whose lying on arizona. Care about other possiblites cause it has never looked good of it happening. Now by some chance it did I will talk about it. But right now things look same way as last monday when kenny said rj wont wavie his no-trade clause.

i have accepted that RJ isnt coming here... arizona's signing of glaus and ortiz makes you think their trying to sign the neccesary people to keep RJ in arizona...

They are $300 million in debt yet they are signing Ortiz, Glaus, Clayton, and possibly Estes, Counsell and Dellucci. :bang I don't think they'll be able to afford RJ after adding all of that overpaid crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...yson&id=1943741

On innumerable occasions Friday, GM Joe Garagiola Jr., incoming CEO Jeff Moorad and general partner Ken Kendrick swore -- cross their hearts and hope to lose another 111 games -- that the signings of Glaus and Ortiz had no connection whatsoever with the Unit and his future employment plans.

But whether they did or not, the ripple effects still seem to find their way right to Johnson's front door.

As ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reported Friday, one of Johnson's agents, Alan Nero says the Diamondbacks' furious spending spree hasn't changed anything. Johnson still wants out. And, from all indications, he still wants to be deposited somewhere near the 161st Street exit on the Major Deegan Expressway.

My goodness folks...

If you don't want to get involved with the Randy Johnson-to-the-Sox saga then stay out of it. Yes, people are excited that the Sox are in the running for one of the most dominant pitchers of his era. That's pretty exciting.

I, too, feel that its a long-shot, but don't get pissy when posters talk about it.

Ah yes, tis' the off-season I suppose. :smilesanta

Well, according to the latest article on chicagosports.com, the RJ deal is basically off the table involving the Sox. Also, there's a mention that Grilli will be in the starting rotation if KW can't make a move. If this holds true, I hope KW enjoys his last year on the South Side.

Like I said unless we're really really close, we'll talk about it. Right now we're back at square one with who's lying; the agent, the gm, or arizona.

We? :huh:

No, people are going to talk about RJ because the Sox are mentioned as pursuing him more than any other team. How exactly is the GM of the D'Backs and "Arizona" two seperate groups of potential liars? :huh:

Well, according to the latest article on chicagosports.com, the RJ deal is basically off the table involving the Sox.  Also, there's a mention that Grilli will be in the starting rotation if KW can't make a move.  If this holds true, I hope KW enjoys his last year on the South Side.

that was before the reports surfaced from rj's agents that he had not turned down any team