Reminder to Everyone Tonight...

CWSGuy406

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was before the reports surfaced from rj's agents that he had not turned down any team

No, this article was written within the last hour. It makes it sounds like Arizona is trying to sign RJ to an extension. The article made it seem like no trades were imminent, and the RJ trade was not going to happen with the Sox.

No, this article was written within the last hour.  It makes it sounds like Arizona is trying to sign RJ to an extension.  The article made it seem like no trades were imminent, and the RJ trade was not going to happen with the Sox.

Fathom's right, I read the same article. It was just put up an hour or so ago.

Published reports Sunday speculated that the Arizona Diamondbacks had discussed a possible contract extension with Johnson's agents in a meeting Saturday evening. And Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said if the Diamondbacks wanted to trade Johnson to New York, they would have to call him.

Boy, that's as good as carved in stone if you ask me. :rolly

Don't the Winter Meetings end on Monday?

It's possible that AZ met with Johnson, discussed an extension and gave him a list of teams intersted in trading for him, then RJ took the list to his wife and family (which ends up making most decisions) and they're still waiting to hear back from him. Is this stretching? Who knows, but this article acts like KW is completely out of trading options since he didn't make one at the winter meetings. I think the fact that there's still some top FA's out there will hold trades down for awhile....

It's possible that AZ met with Johnson, discussed an extension and gave him a list of teams intersted in trading for him, then RJ took the list to his wife and family (which ends up making most decisions) and they're still waiting to hear back from him.  Is this stretching?

STRETCH!!!! STRETCH!!!!! GIT BACK THERE!!!!

:D

No that seems like a possible situation.

And for no reason at all, here's a funny picture I found.

Cubs_Sucky.jpg