alot teams after lee and konerko

chisox2334

One thing that really concerns me about trading Konerko is what would we do about first base against real tough lefty pitchers? I know Gload hit well against lefties last year, but that was only in limited at bats and wasnt against tough division foes like C.C., Santana, Maroth, and Lee. It seems highly unlikely that Frank will be healthy enough again to play in the field, which might be a good thing. And no, Everett or Dye is not an option at first.

I posted a similar response in the rumor thread, but I don't think a CLee for Podsednik and Ginter would be a bad deal. Podsednik would give the Sox the leadoff hitter they want, and Ginter would be a perfect guy to platoon with Harris and be the back up infielder. Finally, one thing that you are forgetting is that this trade would free up a nice chunk of change, and would probably allow the Sox to go after a good starter like OPerez or Clement. Would you trade CLee for Podsednik, Ginter, and either OPerez/Clement? Because that could be essentially what the Sox get(with some financial flexibility). I think it would make the Sox a better overall team and it allows them to stay under the 75M mark.