Danny Wrong released

santo=dorf

Roster removal: With the recent moves that took the White Sox to 40 men on the roster, Williams informed Dan Wright that the team had to let him go. The right-handed pitcher currently is in the midst of a long rehabilitation process stemming from Tommy John surgery performed on his right elbow on June 1 by Dr. James Andrews.

Wright was the team's original fifth starter in 2004 and finished 0-4 with an 8.15 earned run average in four starts. He was sent back to Class AAA Charlotte on May 1 and was shut down after two starts.

Williams hopes a healthy Wright catches on with another team.

"Once you put on our uniform, you are a part of the White Sox family," Williams said. "He and his wife, Robin, are great people, and I wish the best for them."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me an ambulance!! I'm having a friggin' coronary! It's about time we finally got rid of this guy! He had too many chances as is. Struck out 12. Walked 15,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0

0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00

,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Kenny (I have a heart) Williams states, "Once you put on the uniform you are a part of the Sox family.We wish you the best of luck." Then he opens the door and kicks you in the ass and out flat on your face. Danny probably would never had made it back just like Parque or Sirotka, but at least be honest about your feelings.

Great post, el rockin. I thought the same thing.

I wish we'd get a new GM.

Say what you want about Kenny, he's no

Ron Schuler.

Wright is another of those baseball players who at

one point probably thought he'd be a zillionaire but

it didn't work out.

I feel sorry for him.

Sounds like he's done.

Kenny (I have a heart) Williams states, "Once you put on the uniform you are a part of the Sox family.We wish you the best of luck." Then he opens the door and kicks you in the ass and out flat on your face. Danny probably would never had made it back just like Parque or Sirotka, but at least be honest about your feelings.

Who says he's not being honest about what he feels about Dan Wright? He drafted him, helped get him signed, gave him a chance in the major leagues. Doesn't make sense that he's lying about liking him as a person.

It's a business, and he's being paid to make decisions.

It's a fricken baseball move, what don't you understand?? He probably feels bad about having to get rid of him but it's a move he had to make. Kind of the like the Freddy trade, it was hard for him to get rid of Olivo but he did because we got Freddy. Yeesh...some people will try everything to grill kenny.

Who says he's not being honest about what he feels about Dan Wright?  He drafted him, helped get him signed, gave him a chance in the major leagues.  Doesn't make sense that he's lying about liking him as a person.

It's a business, and he's being paid to make decisions.

Damn you jim, had to beat me to it, didn't you??? :P

Damn you jim, had to beat me to it, didn't you??? :P

I don't mind people criticizing a GM, but when he has to release a guy and goes out of his way to say nice things about him and his wife ... and then gets roasted for supposedly not being honest ... well, that's a little much.

Sorry, if I got under your skins people. Well actually I am not that sorry, but we all have our opinions about baseball management, players unions and even KW in particular. It's a business for certain and our management plays it as well as anyone does. I know I for one am getting tired of it.