Everyone is kinda touchy right now

southsider2k5

I am one of the most sane individuals on here at this moment. That is a really scary thought.

And I kinda wish we started with the perfection of 1-0 but I guess it wont kill us that we didnt.

And after realizing how big the Cubs won today, it just goes to show that sometimes the baseball gods choose to leave the norm and display a very sick and twisted sense of humor... :D

I think everyone was just real high up for the start of the season and getting shutdown by a poor Royals ballclub bothered people. Still its just one game. If two weeks from now were still winless, then we'll all have something to whine about.

I think everyone was just real high up for the start of the season and getting shutdown by a poor Royals ballclub bothered people.  Still its just one game.  If two weeks from now were still winless, then we'll all have something to whine about.

And what if we have one win in two weeks? :P

Its not usually like this. Everyones just frustrated that we lost to the freaking Royals. Some are distressed that we start 0-1.

Actually, in my case, it wasnt the actual loss. What bothered me is seeing the same old weaknesses. That boot by Valentin really got to me. Having no defense up the middle bothers me. The same old righty lineup bothers me. The same old crappy manager bothers me.

No defense up the middle? Jiminez and Rowand helped us to save two runs. I think our defense and pitching looked great. Thats why Im not worried. Because I know hitting will come around...

That would match my thoughts on the defense yesterday, thanks!

It really is focusing on the negatives only to talk about Valentin's error and calling yesterday's D bad. There was a diving catch by Rowand, 2 runners cut down at the plate, both on nice relay throws... Sandy almost threw out Desi Relaford at second even after the pitched one hopped in! Valentin did have a nice stop up the middle also. Really the sky isn't falling just yet! :D