Sox catching possibility

fathom

With the signing of Matheny imminent by the Giants, old Sox enemy A.J. Pierzynski will likely become a free agent. Personally, I would not mind A.J. on the sox, as he would great improve our catching position, and add a lefty hitter to our lineup. I know we've had issues with him in the past, but I thought it was mostly Maggs and Valentin that didn't get along with him. A question: what other teams need a catcher? It seems like almost every other team has a catcher already to start.

For me, this guy is like Reggie Miller.

You hate his guts when he plays against your team, but you'd love to call him your own.

I wasn't a fan when he had all those things to say about the Sox, but I don't hold grudges. The Sox would be a better team with A.J. He seems like a really down to earth guy in interviews and such. I'd welcome him with open arms.

yeah anytime you can get production hitting wise from your catching spot you got to take it.. and i think he would try harder in those 19 games against the twins... a course he wouldnt trash talk his beloved twins but he would have incentive to play extra good against them...I also think if this happens he wont catch for buehrle lol just a hunch

All I know is that Hawk compliments A.J. every time he gets a chance. He always says how A.J. calls a great game, and he was one of the main reasons that the Sox always lost to the Twins. I would love to have A.J. on this team instead of Ben Davis. An A.J./Burke combination would be a massive improvement over anything this team has had in a long time.

For me, this guy is like Reggie Miller.

You hate his guts when he plays against your team, but you'd love to call him your own.

I wasn't a fan when he had all those things to say about the Sox, but I don't hold grudges.  The Sox would be a better team with A.J.  He seems like a really down to earth guy in interviews and such.  I'd welcome him with open arms.

Everybody hated Dennis Rodman too until he joined the Bulls. I say who cares...I bet he wouldn't mind joining the Sox.

All I know is that Hawk compliments A.J. every time he gets a chance.  He always says how A.J. calls a great game, and he was one of the main reasons that the Sox always lost to the Twins.  I would love to have A.J. on this team instead of Ben Davis.  An A.J./Burke combination would be a massive improvement over anything this team has had in a long time.

I would love to have AJ on the team. His teammates don't hate him as much as Sox brass wants you to believe. Its probably a smokescreen. A catcher with a good lefthanded bat would be ideal for the White Sox.

I would love to have AJ on the team. His teammates don't hate him as much as Sox brass wants you to believe. Its probably a smokescreen. A catcher with a good lefthanded bat would be ideal for the White Sox.

Who in the "Sox brass" told you he was hated..?

ding ding ding. Alot of sox pitchers hate him. Mark Buerhle to be for one. If they dont get along hes not worth it. yes good catcher and calling games. But if clubhouse gets divided we dont need distractions like that like cubs have with sosa, their announcers and everything else

I'd just worry about how the other Sox players would feel about him. As long as he can stay out of trouble and doesn't come too expensive I say pick him up.

With the current market for free agents and the deals some of the other catchers have signed, I doubt he'll sign for less than 3 to 4 mil.

Bruce Levine stated on Talking Baseball that the Sox said he was hated by his teammates in 2 places. Please get off my back. I also stated they were probably stating this to "fly below the radar."

Stop making erronious comments about "Sox brass" and I'll get off your back. Bruce Levine is not "Sox brass".. and with "Sox brass" lurking around here lately I don't think you taking liberty with what a reporter says - in a negative way which is likely more of an opinion - does any good for the relationship between Soxtalk and the Sox.

Stop making erronious comments about "Sox brass" and I'll get off your back. Bruce Levine is not "Sox brass".. and with "Sox brass" lurking around here lately I don't think you taking liberty with what a reporter says - in a negative way which is likely more of an opinion - does any good for the relationship between Soxtalk and the Sox.

I was referring to what Bruce said. He reported that he talked to people in the White Sox organization and said that is what they told him. That is what I was referring to. I did nothing erroneously. There was nothing negative that I posted, re- read it. In fact, I have been one of the most postive posters on this board. I was pissed about Magglio, but that's been about i. I said it was probably a smokescreen to hide their interest AJ.

I heard the Levine comment too, here is exactly what I remember:

A caller asked about the White Sox catching situation and asked about AJ.

Levine stated "some in Sox management" have commented he's been on two teams in two years, and had several teammates hate him in both places.

I don't have the exact wording of what Levine said, of course. And Levine is just a reporter, albeit one who is closer to the baseball world than any of us.

The clear implication was the White Sox wouldn't be interested in Pierzynski because some in Sox management (don't know who) are concerned about the clubhouse fit.

As for Sox management relationship with SoxTalk ... and I hope they read this, maybe they should worry about cleaning up their own message board first. :lol:

I definitely remember reading in about May or June about how the Giants players' hated A.J and they really wanted Yorrit in the lineup instead. It'll be interesting to see what happens next with A.J though and which team takes a chance on him (Pittsburgh, Boston?).

I definitely remember reading in about May or June about how the Giants players' hated A.J and they really wanted Yorrit in the lineup instead. It'll be interesting to see what happens next with A.J though and which team takes a chance on him (Pittsburgh, Boston?).

Wasn't it something about him watching tv in the clubhouse..? Rooting for the Twins on tv or some bologna like that..?

Wow, that is uncalled for. Is it that time of the month???

And, I seriously doubt some fans opinion on a message board would negatively affect the Sox's relationship with this message board. Sheesh, maybe your know-it-all attitude would affect their relationship with Soxtalk, huh? :huh :huh

Wow, that is uncalled for. Is it that time of the month???

And, I seriously doubt some fans opinion on a message board would negatively affect the Sox's relationship with this message board. Sheesh, maybe your know-it-all attitude would affect their relationship with Soxtalk, huh? :huh  :huh

No.. it's not, but thanks for your concern.

And I am far, far from knowing everything. But I have opinions.. don't like them.. oh well.