Some pros and cons

Soxplosion

I like really nice neat lists so thats what Im gonna do. Ill start with the pros just to sound positive...

PROS

-Pitching. Buehrle pitched well. He got hit kinda hard but he kept the Royals within reach. Gordon pitched ok. He gave up a hit to a good hitter and then didnt get much help from Sandy (not sure if the second pitch was a PB or WP but the first was definitely PB and that put Sweeney on third, so Gordon shouldnt really take all the blame).

-Defense. Except for Valentins error, the D looked pretty good. Konerko dove and tagged out Berroa on that bunt. Then we had those two nice relays to gun those guys out at the plate. One of those started with Jiminez pouncing on a ground ball which stopped Harvey from scoring easily and got him thrown out instead.

CONS

-Hitting. Well, except for Frank, Maggs and Valentin (he hit two balls real hard) the hitting just stunk. I dont want to even count how many times I saw one of our guys go down swinging on something way out of the zone. And they didnt look like they were there. Sometimes they looked to be taking half swings. And we have a tendency to make nobodies look like Cy Young. But does anyone really think that our hitting (one of the leagues best offenses) is gonna do this all year? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Mental awareness. Hey, Carlos. Hey. Hey. Is anybody home? Pay attention, daggone it. Listen/look to the ump. If you dont hear him or see him, ask him what the count is. Dont look at the scoreboard. And when he says your out, realize you had your head stuck up your butt and go take a seat. But good job getting to those corner balls so quick. Hey, I thought since I was grilling ya I could congratulate ya on something...

I dont really enjoy getting shut out on opening day, especially when Im watching on tv but we should all remember its just ONE game. Carlos and company will still be fine, theres no need to trade them. WE WILL BE FINE...

I like really nice neat lists so thats what Im gonna do. Ill start with the pros just to sound positive...

PROS

-Pitching. Buehrle pitched well. He got hit kinda hard but he kept the Royals within reach. Gordon pitched ok. He gave up a hit to a good hitter and then didnt get much help from Sandy (not sure if the second pitch was a PB or WP but the first was definitely PB and that put Sweeney on third, so Gordon shouldnt really take all the blame).

-Defense. Except for Valentins error, the D looked pretty good. Konerko dove and tagged out Berroa on that bunt. Then we had those two nice relays to gun those guys out at the plate. One of those started with Jiminez pouncing on a ground ball which stopped Harvey from scoring easily and got him thrown out instead.

CONS

-Hitting. Well, except for Frank, Maggs and Valentin (he hit two balls real hard) the hitting just stunk. I dont want to even count how many times I saw one of our guys go down swinging on something way out of the zone. And they didnt look like they were there. Sometimes they looked to be taking half swings. And we have a tendency to make nobodies look like Cy Young. But does anyone really think that our hitting (one of the leagues best offenses) is gonna do this all year? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Mental awareness. Hey, Carlos. Hey. Hey. Is anybody home? Pay attention, daggone it. Listen/look to the ump. If you dont hear him or see him, ask him what the count is. Dont look at the scoreboard. And when he says your out, realize you had your head stuck up your butt and go take a seat. But good job getting to those corner balls so quick. Hey, I thought since I was grilling ya I could congratulate ya on something...

I dont really enjoy getting shut out on opening day, especially when Im watching on tv but we should all remember its just ONE game. Carlos and company will still be fine, theres no need to trade them. WE WILL BE FINE...

Really if you throw out the lackluster preformance of the offense, today wasn't that bad. I do like the fact that we did have some gems on D, including the two runners cut down at the plate, and the diving catch in CF by Rowand.

Yeah, I forgot about Rowands catch, that was nice. And everyones giving Jiminez trouble. But they forget he saved two runs. It didnt help us win but it showed effort.

And its our hitting that failed. If Buehrle got slammed, we might be scared. But it was our hitting. Offenses with this much firepower dont have these kinda of games too often. They will be fine...