Nanny-gate

Texsox

I was just thinking about the Nanny-gates that have come up through the years. Does anyone know what the requirements are if you only employe someone on a per job basis? For example if you employ a guy to paint your fence one day, do you have to report it and pay taxes? I didn't think so. We have not employed a live in maid since moving down here, but we have had a woman come in twice a week on a per day basis. I never even considered the possibility that she was an "employee" and I would have to report the money we paid her as "income". Anyone here with knowledge in that area?

I think it's going to come out that this has less to do with a Nanny and more to do with a million dollar kickback scheme from Big Tobacco when he was running New York prisons, or maybe his mob connections, his interests with the Saudi Royal Family, the fact that there's missing money under his watch from training Iraqi police, the fact that he abandoned his first kid and there were a ton of sex scandals surrounding him.

He may be a tough guy. Just not a very good one.