Lee to Tor. for Hinske, Batista?

beck72

"The White Sox are anxious to move left fielder Lee, who earns $16 million over the next two years and had a falling out with manager Ozzie Guillen last season despite hitting .305 with 31 homers and 99 RBIs."

thats news to me and i smell a huge pile of BULLs*** on this one ladys and germs.

"The White Sox are anxious to move left fielder Lee, who earns $16 million over the next two years and had a falling out with manager Ozzie Guillen last season despite hitting .305 with 31 homers and 99 RBIs."

thats news to me and i smell a huge pile of BULLs*** on this one ladys and germs.

Where do papers come up with their s***? Besides being a horrible trade, it is also inaccurate in the "falling out w/ Ozzie," as well as Lee's salary. Lee is slated to make $8M in 2005 and then he is a FA.

Where do papers come up with their s***? Besides being a horrible trade, it is also inaccurate in the "falling out w/ Ozzie," as well as Lee's salary. Lee is slated to make $8M in 2005 and then he is a FA.

Lee

Chicago planned to announce the agreements Saturday. The terms were confirmed to the Associated Press by baseball sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Lee gets $6.5 million next season and $8 million in 2005. Chicago has an $8.5 million option for 2006 with a $500,000 buyout.

Rotoworld has a different trade then Ben Maller:

The White Sox and Blue Jays have discussed a trade in which Toronto would receive Carlos Lee and Joe Crede for Miguel Batista and Eric Hinske.

With Corey Koskie around, the Blue Jays shouldn't have much interest in Crede. However, they could move him on to a third team. Lee would play first base in Toronto. Dec. 13 - 12:14 pm et

Still a bad trade IMO.

Rotoworld has a different trade then Ben Maller:

The White Sox and Blue Jays have discussed a trade in which Toronto would receive Carlos Lee and Joe Crede for Miguel Batista and Eric Hinske.

With Corey Koskie around, the Blue Jays shouldn't have much interest in Crede. However, they could move him on to a third team. Lee would play first base in Toronto. Dec. 13 - 12:14 pm et

Still a bad trade IMO.

Sure, if Roy Halliday was thrown in...

If Lee is moved in a lopsided deal with the White Sox gaining salary room, it likely means there's another deal to follow.

Thoughts on this whole Toronto situation:

Toronto Sun is noted for wacky rumors, especially hockey rumors. They have the Maple Leafs acquiring somebody every other day, so it stands to reason they might be a little imaginative with baseball as well.

KW has always liked Bautista, I'm not sure why. Bautista is no kid either, I think he'll be 34 soon (?).

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...tacodalogin=yes

I'm not sure what to think. Yet Tor. wouldn't get Crede as well, with them on the verge of signing Corey Koskie.

I could see Crede being moved to MIL for Podsednik though. They're looking for RH power. And both are in the same underachieving boat. Interesting to say the least

If Kenny makes this trade he needs to be Fired

If Lee is moved in a lopsided deal with the White Sox gaining salary room, it likely means there's another deal to follow.

Thoughts on this whole Toronto situation:

Toronto Sun is noted for wacky rumors, especially hockey rumors.  They have the Maple Leafs acquiring somebody every other day, so it stands to reason they might be a little imaginative with baseball as well.

KW has always liked Bautista, I'm not sure why.  Bautista is no kid either, I think he'll be 34 soon (?).

the salaries are basically a wash, with Batista due to make $4.75 mill and Hinske $3 mill in 2005.

Unless Batista would be the 5th starter, locked up before Garland would be traded...[Or Batista moved to another team---he wasn't on AZ's "top ten list" was he?] PK and Batista

the salaries are basically a wash, with Batista due to make $4.75 mill and Hinske $3 mill in 2005.

Unless Batista would be the 5th starter, locked up before Garland would be traded...[Or Batista moved to another team---he wasn't on AZ's "top ten list" was he?] PK and Batista

beck, agree. I didn't phrase it right but on the $$ issue I was talking about the potential Milwaukee thing.

I don't like getting less than equal value for Carlos Lee but I still think we're looking at a couple of moves by the White Sox, i.e. one as a precursor to another.

beck, agree.  I didn't phrase it right but on the $$ issue I was talking about the potential Milwaukee thing.

I don't like getting less than equal value for Carlos Lee but I still think we're looking at a couple of moves by the White Sox, i.e. one as a precursor to another.

Batista fits in the 5th spot, which could mean Garland is on the move. Or Batista goes back to AZ for Vazquez or RJ?