Bruce Levine reports....

slick03

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were Konerko I think I'd do that Posednik and Ginter deal.  And I have my doubts as to how good Posednik is.

Per the brewer board, Pod is a lousy defender; that and his poor obp last year, leave me with doubts. Ginter is a utility infielder. If Pod was a .360 OBP man, I'd do it with Konerko. Otherwise, those 2 just don't excite me.

If they shipped Hinske out fine by me.  I just don't see the value of those deals.  Batista isn't that grand.  Just give me Elo back without dealing Lee.

I agree about Batista. But he was "grand" with AZ. If they wanted him over Garland in a deal for RJ, fine by me take him. I'd rather keep Garland anyway

Per the brewer board, Pod is a lousy defender; that and his poor obp last year, leave me with doubts.  Ginter is a utility infielder. Those 2 just don't excite me.

Trust me, I'm not overly excited but at least the Sox get 8 million to spend on pitching or whatever else. Assuming they go out and spend Konerko's money I have no problem with the deal.

However that Toronto deal gives the Sox no such options. And jesus I don't want Miguel Batista. He was moved to the pen last season for the Jays.

Trust me, I'm not overly excited but at least the Sox get 8 million to spend on pitching or whatever else.  Assuming they go out and spend Konerko's money I have no problem with the deal. 

Unless we already spent it on Everett and Dye

Perez is a decent pitcher - how much does he want?

Unless we already spent it on Everett and Dye

Nah, right now payroll still has a little wiggle room, but not much. Enough to probably make one signing around 2-3 million a season.

If the Jays took Everett's contract off the Sox hands along with PK for say Batista and Rios and Hinske then I could potentially see something work out. The Sox get a good prospect in Rios (potential leadoff hitter whose really been working out hard this offseason) and save about 4-5 million with Hinske sliding over to 1st or being sent out in a deal elsewhere.

Then the Sox clear some more payroll in that deal and set themselves up semi decent to make a run at a free agent pitcher or two or can deal one of Garland/Batista.

Or they could turn and deal Batista and Hinske to the brew crew for Pos and Ginter. They'll net Pos, Ginter, and Rios for Konerko and Everett...which is about as ugly as it gets, but at the same time they have now wiggled around to shedding 13 million in payroll.

Only problem is all things considering it doesn't sound like Kenny wants to go the free agent route. But that would give him the money to sign Delgado or make a run at a starting pitcher and a solid bat.

Plus the Sox still have Lee around and Rios is a solid player as is Pos and Ginter. The Sox also have some extra pieces laying around now for deals too.

If, in fact, Kenny was seraching for JR to ask for more dough or the like...

Could this be the Shortstop deal? Edgar/Cabrera perhaps?

OR

Could this be the Chacon deal? This has White Sox written all over it. He'll start the year as the fifth starter and if he fails, he'll be moved to the pen. I really hope this ain't it.

Both the Score and AM1000 are talking about Milwaukee, the Posednik thing.  That's the latest update at 12:20 pm CST.

Aw crap. I'm getting nervous.

I think Melvin might fleece us. Anything involving Lee to the Brewers makes my stomach turn. Please, Please, Please don't let it be Carlos to Milwaukee.

:crying :crying :crying

This could get ugly.

Both the Score and AM1000 are talking about Milwaukee, the Posednik thing.  That's the latest update at 12:20 pm CST.

They wouldn't want PK so that throws a hamper into the whole thing, imo. But if their is truth to the Hinske coming over, could they offer Crede for Posednik in a smaller deal? Or turn things into a 3 way deal like I suggested earlier where the Sox walk away winners.

Of course I highly doubt Mil would want any part of my suggested 3 way, I see every reason why Toronto and the Sox would though.

I'm going to just hope its a huge deal for Ben Sheets. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE :)

If the Sox are dealing Lee they better get more then just Pos, Ginter and I'm talking about one of their very best prospects, at least that.

I don't like the idea of dealing Lee to anyone. The only benefit to this is the Sox at least get payroll. But why the hell would JR have to approve something along these lines (I mean obviously Kenny would want to tell him about it) but its not like the Sox would be spending more money.

So it would be as if that money would immediately get directed somewhere else?? Which tells me potential 3 way where the Sox land Pos and someone else maybe???

I can see Mil wanting Lee, maybe Arizona likes some of the Brewers stud prospects? Or Oakland (lord knows that Mil has the middle infield prospects Oakland would like).

s*** new idea, 3 way where the Sox ship Lee for Pos and some prospects and then deal someone else along with the prospect or two they get (maybe teh A's want Ginter) for Huddy :headbang

Podsednik and Ginter for Caballo is a terrible trade.

Carlos has much more value than that.

Podsedsik performed well below the league average offensively last year. Ginter is just a glorified utility guy.

It's almost like we're tying to pay the Brewers back for ripping them off on the Valentin, Eldred for Navarro/Snyder deal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They wouldn't want PK so that throws a hamper into the whole thing, imo.  But if their is truth to the Hinske coming over, could they offer Crede for Posednik in a smaller deal?  Or turn things into a 3 way deal like I suggested earlier where the Sox walk away winners. 

Of course I highly doubt Mil would want any part of my suggested 3 way, I see every reason why Toronto and the Sox would though.

I could very well see a Crede for Podsednik swap. Though a Hinske for Podsednik swap would give the sox more payroll flexibility, as Hinske will make $3 mill this yr. Hinske's SLG was undr .400 this yr