THE END-OF-THE-DAY RESULTS

Pros

-Sox aquire Podsednik

-Sox aquire Vizcaino

-Sox aquire Ginter

-SOX FREE UP "$X" IN PAYROLL

Cons

-Brewers aquire Carlos Lee

Just to help me sleep a little better...can someone provide the final figure for how much money we freed up in payroll? I'd really really appreciate it.

Short list of Free Agent Starting pitchers (and their ages) still available from espn.com:

(Leaving out names like Pedro Astacio, Omar Daal and Jeff Fassero)

Matt Clement    30

Orlando Hernandez  35

Jose Lima  32

Derek Lowe  31

Pedro Martinez  33

Kevin Millwood  29

Eric Milton  29

Carl Pavano (hasn't signed yet)  28

Odalis Perez  27

Todd Ritchie (oops, sorry)

GET PEDRO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, does this board overvalue Carlos Lee.

I've said this before and it bears repeating...

You aren't going to get much for a power hitting left fielder (and 30 homers at the Cell is nothing special). I'd really like to know what some people on this board think we should get for Carlos?

Tim Hudson?

Randy Johnson?

Babe Ruth?

Get f***ing real people.

I thought Ozzieball was less about power and more about contact, and aggressive baserunning. If we're getting speed over power in this case, I'm giving Oz the benefit of the doubt. He's sculpting his team here. We gotta give him this chance before we go and burn KW in effigy. It frees up a lot of salary which I hope will be used for a big FA signing.

My spidey senses tell me that another, very good, shoe is gonna drop.

I don't get it.

We gave up our most valuable trading peice for the WORST OUTFIELDER IN BASEBALL and a reliever that we didn't even f***ING NEED!

And they throw in some worthless minor leaguer and it's a blockbuster deal....

KW needs to be fired NOW!

No wait now isn't quick enough....

KW needs to be fired an hour ago!

:puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke

I'm holding out hope the money saved in this deal will be used filling another hole. 2 average at best players for Carlos Lee is an absolute joke.

Man, does this board overvalue Carlos Lee.

I've said this before and it bears repeating...

You aren't going to get much for a power hitting left fielder (and 30 homers at the Cell is nothing special).  I'd really like to know what some people on this board think we should get for Carlos?

Tim Hudson?

Randy Johnson?

Babe Ruth?

Get f***ing real people.

If anything people undervalue him.

about this pods guy... people are saying he CANT hit over .240? last year, yeh... he hit around there.. but the year before, he hit well over .300

if this pods kid can give us 50+ SB's, hit LEFT HANDED for around .300, and give us solid defence like lee gave us.... in addition to a 2B platoon guy that hit .325 against LHP (our big problem last year)... oh, and a great bullpen guy....

then trading LEE was a ok idea

if we get all that... in addition to a really good starting pitcher.... then trading LEE was the s***!

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade. We save money, get a legitimate base stealing threat (unlike one we have seen in YEARS), and a QUALITY reliever that was in the top 10 in holds last year in the NL.

The guy had a 2.63 K/BB ratio last season, compared to 2.00 for Damaso.

We still got plenty of pop in Konerko, Thomas, Dye and Rowand to drive in Pods and Urine.

What am I missing, fellas?

well...here is the bottom line.

THE END-OF-THE-DAY RESULTS

Pros

-Sox aquire Podsednik

-Sox aquire Vizcaino

-Sox aquire Ginter

-SOX FREE UP "$X" IN PAYROLL

Cons

-Brewers aquire Carlos Lee

Just to help me sleep a little better...can someone provide the final figure for how much money we freed up in payroll?  I'd really really appreciate it.

The question is, to where will that free payroll go?

To Odalis Perez?

Or into JR's pocket?

I think we need to try and understand what Kenny Williams is trying to do. The Sox problem has been defense and team speed. I think Williams is trying to get the defense better. Posednik is much better defensively than Carlos Lee. Additionally this will save the Sox money which can go elsewhere. Although Posdenik's batting average wasn’t great he does score runs and on the Sox that will be his job. He will score 110-120 runs (which is very good) for the Sox. I don’t know too much about Ginter.

about this pods guy... people are saying he CANT hit over .240? last year, yeh... he hit around there.. but the year before, he hit well over .300

if this pods kid can give us 50+ SB's, hit LEFT HANDED for around .300, and give us solid defence like lee gave us.... in addition to a 2B platoon guy that hit .325 against LHP (our big problem last year)... oh, and a great bullpen guy....

then trading for LEE was a ok idea

if we get all that... in addition to a really good starting pitcher.... then trading for LEE was the s***!

He was a one year wonder and everyone will realize that this upcoming year. Also he is a butcher in center.

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade. We save money, get a legitimate base stealing threat (unlike one we have seen in YEARS), and a QUALITY reliever that was in the top 10 in holds last year in the NL.

The guy had a 2.63 K/BB ratio last season, compared to 2.00 for Damaso.

We still got plenty of pop in Konerko, Thomas, Dye and Rowand to drive in Pods and Urine.

What am I missing, fellas?

i'm not the world's biggest uribe fan but that's just wrong. :lol: