Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, who's saying Carlos is only good for power? -- b/c I haven't seen that anywhere. This is a pure downgrade offensively, in almost every category, not just power. Podsednik's obp was awful last season, and he's our leadoff hitter? Even in his big year in 2003, it wasn't that much better than Carlos's last year. He strikes out more than Carlos, he walks less than Carlos, and, yes, he has very little pop too. His one advantage is speed, but it's not going to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

We'll see. Obviously it's a huge failure if KW doesn't acquire a very good sp. Even then, Pods better relearn how to get on base.

I hope so Jas, I really do.

I'm just not sold on Odalis Perez...you probably see this guy all the time...is he worth the money he'd get?

I think he's the pitcher not getting the attention and because of that he's the one out there at market value.

He's a groundball pitcher who had a tremendous ERA and gives up far fewer hits then innings pitched while striking out a good amount. Plus he's a lefty, which would give the Sox two good lefties.

Very good stuff but has had some arm problems. Thats the only question, but he's been relatively consistent in his IP and numbers in a sense. Two years ago his numbers weren't that great but that stemmed from a major increase in innings pitched the prior year.

The guy is a very good pitcher whose periph's would indicate that he is more then capable of being a very good AL pitcher as well.

Please no Hermanson as the 5th starter!  I'm afraid of the fallout among Sox fans if JR and KW pocket the money that was gained by this transaction.

Hermanson as a fifth starter is a fall back plan. We also have Grilli, Cotts, Diaz, Munoz, BMac. When ST starts any of these guys could be number 5 if we don't pick up another SP.

And if we did the Williams/Pyrz for Konerko, we'd have to go out and get another bat with THAT money we just saved. I just don't know where you'd put it? Delgado?

Okay, who's saying Carlos is only good for power? -- b/c I haven't seen that anywhere.  This is a pure downgrade offensively, in almost every category, not just power.  Podsednik's obp was awful last season, and he's our leadoff hitter?  Even in his big year in 2003, it wasn't that much better than Carlos's last year.  He strikes out more than Carlos, he walks less than Carlos, and, yes, he has very little pop too.  His one advantage is speed, but it's not going to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

We'll see.  Obviously it's a huge failure if KW doesn't acquire a very good sp.  Even then, Pods better relearn how to get on base.

I don't think Podsednik will strikeout as much on the Sox as he did with the Brewers. The Brewers approach was swing, swing, swing...and that's why they K'd so much. Whenever I watched Pod face the Cubs, he always seemed like a tough out. In no way is he a Willie Harris type slap hitter. He has decent power and is a great bunter.

Hermanson as a fifth starter is a fall back plan.  We also have Grilli, Cotts, Diaz, Munoz, BMac.  When ST starts any of these guys could be number 5 if we don't pick up another SP.

I saw enough "fall back" plans last year in the 5th spot to know that KW needs to sign a legit starting pitcher, and not to rely on any falls backs.

I don't think Podsednik will strikeout as much on the Sox as he did with the Brewers.  The Brewers approach was swing, swing, swing...and that's why they K'd so much.  Whenever I watched Pod face the Cubs, he always seemed like a tough out.  In no way is he a Willie Harris type slap hitter.  He has decent power and is a great bunter.

I remember someone said months ago ( beck maybe) that he heard joe morgan say he was trying to hit every thing for 500 foot five run homeruns. Not in those exact words but something along those terms

This f***ing sucks, antrax got one of his hard on players. 

Yeah but I would not have given up lee to get him, this is another KW f***-up..Lets see what scrub we can get for a pitcher as well..

The only way this makes sense

They Sign Orlando Caberea and move Uribe to 2b, Then Sign a SP...

You're a lying assmunch....

Evidence --- http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=523864

Trade Lee and Diaz to

Milwaukee for

Doug Davis and SPod

Fixes our holes, gives Milwaukee a good start to the future, and a legit run producer.

Might have to throw in another prospect.

You were willing to give up Diaz too. :fyou

Hermanson as a fifth starter is a fall back plan.  We also have Grilli, Cotts, Diaz, Munoz, BMac.  When ST starts any of these guys could be number 5 if we don't pick up another SP.

And if we did the Williams/Pyrz for Konerko, we'd have to go out and get another bat with THAT money we just saved.  I just don't know where you'd put it?  Delgado?

Well, Garland is supposed to be number 5

But if we are digging through that rolodex of options in 3 months we know that kenny williams did a big salary dump move, because this trade makes no sense except if you want to reduce payroll, for whatever reason (sign a pitcher or put money into the chairman's pocket)

I saw enough "fall back" plans last year in the 5th spot to know that KW needs to sign a legit starting pitcher, and not to rely on any falls backs.

I agree, but if one of are starters gets injured hermanson is a better guy than cotts, diaz, and grilli to throw out there.

Yeah but I would not have given up lee to get him, this is another KW f***-up..Lets see what scrub we can get for a pitcher as well..

The only way this makes sense

They Sign Orlando Caberea and move Uribe to 2b, Then Sign a SP...

You're a lying assmunch....

Evidence --- http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=523864

Trade Lee and Diaz to

Milwaukee for

Doug Davis and SPod

Fixes our holes, gives Milwaukee a good start to the future, and a legit run producer.

Might have to throw in another prospect.

You were willing to give up Diaz too. :fyou

Cheat, you just pwned him so f***ing bad.

:cheers

I feel SPod will have a better OBP this year than he did in 2004. Even if it stays the same (hopefully not), his basestealing helps make up for it.

The difference between a .313 OBP and a .350 OBP is 3 more times on base a month.