Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

theres the player be named later !!!!!!!!!!

Zumwalt was acquired Monday as the player to be named in that deal, then assigned to Triple-A. He was 3-7 with a 5.09 ERA in 46 relief appearances at Double-A Greenville last season.

Alrighty, I'm confused.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah really, I don't understand where he is getting that.

I thought we might get someone good, you know, who actually can make an impact?

If we got an impact player as the PTBNL, we won this trade big time. More likely a mid level journeyman type.

If you turned around and signed Beltran, Renteria, and Pavano with sack of cash it would be one hell of a deal.

I know the point is hard to understand but the White Sox are going to use the money to sign a player they otherwise couldn't afford.  The financial relief is the most important part of this trade.  It's not rocket science.

Fine, if you just want to save money then trade Konerko or even better...Contreras.

Let me restate the obvious.  Posednik isn't the key acquisition in this deal.  The key acquisition is the additional money that will enable us to sign a quality starting pitcher.

All of this whining about us ending up with Grilli or Hermanson being our 5th starter is crazy talk.  Ozzie, RJ, and KW have been obsessed with obtaining a quality starting pitcher.  It was clearly the #1 priority of the off-season.  It's going to happen so just chill out and let's see who they get.

If I have to listen (read) one more person evaluate this trade while ignoring the fact that we will be getting a starting pitcher my head is going to explode.

In this day and age in professional sports a trade that gives you $6 million spending money is freakin' huge!!!

So, in essence -- it's a salary dump.

I'm sorry, but you don't do a salary dump on your best overall player. I definitely could have saw them doing this with Konerko -- at least it's a little more understandable with Konerko, as he is pretty much a "US Cellular Field" player -- meaning, he sucks on the road.

But come on. You're telling me that all you could get for a player who year in, year out hits .300/30/100, with an above average OPS, is a questionable leadoff hitter and a reliever?

Christ...

So, in essence -- it's a salary dump.

I'm sorry, but you don't do a salary dump on your best overall player.  I definitely could have saw them doing this with Konerko -- at least it's a little more understandable with Konerko, as he is pretty much a "US Cellular Field" player -- meaning, he sucks on the road. 

But come on.  You're telling me that all you could get for a player who year in, year out hits .300/30/100, with an above average OPS, is a questionable leadoff hitter and a reliever?

Christ...

They are going to spend the money. It's a salary dump so that they can get a quality starting pitcher.

True enough.  But, I don't think they'd get nearly as much for Konerko.

IMHO, I gotta believe that they, at the very least, could have gotten Jerry Hairston and Jorge Julio from Baltimore, and that could have been the salary dump.

Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Maybe they trade Konerko, too, and add a power bat via free agency, along with signing a FA starting pitcher. Who the f*** knows...

But as of right now -- this trade -- looking at it right now, it's a salary dump. And a stupid one at that. You've got to be kidding me that the best you could get for Carlos F'n Lee is an up-and-down leadoff man and a quality reliever. That PTBN better be a pretty damn good player, not just some scrap from the bottom of the barrell.

Looking at this trade now... I hate it. You know the saying, "You don't know how much you really miss something until it's gone"? Well, I think that's the way it's gonna be with Lee. I really believe he is very, very close to becoming a superstar, which would have been a bargain under ten million for the next two seasons.

Boy, was it fun watching Carlos grow up from the player who couldn't play a lick in LF to becoming our best, most well rounded player on the team. I'm definitely gonna miss him...

IMHO, I gotta believe that they, at the very least, could have gotten Jerry Hairston and Jorge Julio from Baltimore, and that could have been the salary dump.

Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye.  Maybe they trade Konerko, too, and add a power bat via free agency, along with signing a FA starting pitcher.  Who the f*** knows...

But as of right now -- this trade -- looking at it right now, it's a salary dump.  And a stupid one at that.  You've got to be kidding me that the best you could get for Carlos F'n Lee is an up-and-down leadoff man and a quality reliever.  That PTBN better be a pretty damn good player, not just some scrap from the bottom of the barrell.

Looking at this trade now...  I hate it.  You know the saying, "You don't know how much you really miss something until it's gone"?  Well, I think that's the way it's gonna be with Lee.  I really believe he is very, very close to becoming a superstar, which would have been a bargain under ten million for the next two seasons.

Boy, was it fun watching Carlos grow up from the player who couldn't play a lick in LF to becoming our best, most well rounded player on the team.  I'm definitely gonna miss him...

I think what you saw from carlos is what he is. He's a damn good player, however I'm not sure if he's going to be a superstar as you suggest, jmo but I definitely understand where you're coming from.