notable x-sox

sec159row2

alan embree three batters...  3 hits...  1 HR  27.00  era.....  ouch....

Royce clayton...  2-4 3 RBI's.....  including a double and HR.... NO ERRORS....

Why is no errors surprising to you? Royce is an excellent defensive SS.

Why is no errors surprising to you?  Royce is an excellent defensive SS.

Well, yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to ruffle any more feathers today.

And even if Royce wins the triple crown this season, would any of you really care? It wouldn't affect me one iota, because he had 2 seasons with us, and didn't really do that well. Sure, his numbers were OK, and his defense was very good, but he didn't do anything spectacular. He clearly wasn't going to do any better than .260 for the Sox, but who knows what he'll do in the NL for the Brewers? Sometimes what a player needs is a change of scenery, and that can have an amazing affect on an athlete.

alan embree three batters...  3 hits...  1 HR  27.00  era.....  ouch....

Royce clayton...  2-4   3 RBI's.....  including a double and HR....   NO ERRORS....

That's Royc's mvp game of the season. (Now headed for the tank until they are totally out of it)

Book it. Didn't K-layton have a HR with 2 or 3 RBI's in last years Season Opener then he went 0-fer the rest of April? :huh:

liefer had 4 rbi today....probably more than he had all of last year :lol:

Well, in all fairness to Leifer, he really shouldn't have been on the Sox last season. We almost never played him, and when we did play him, I'm sure he was pressing to show the team what they were missing out on. That's tough for any player, let alone a young player.

I think Jeff would put up pretty good numbers given 400 or 500 AB's in a season. He clearly wasn't going to get that with the Sox, and IMO he handled it very poorly. If he had said the cliche "I'm just here to help this team win whenever I get a chance", he might have got more PT last season -- particularly when Frank was struggling and complaining. He didn't do that, and I think both he and the Sox are better off with him off this squad.

liefer had 4 rbi today....probably more than he had all of last year :lol:

Well, in all fairness to Leifer, he really shouldn't have been on the Sox last season. We almost never played him, and when we did play him, I'm sure he was pressing to show the team what they were missing out on. That's tough for any player, let alone a young player.

I think Jeff would put up pretty good numbers given 400 or 500 AB's in a season. He clearly wasn't going to get that with the Sox, and IMO he handled it very poorly. If he had said the cliche "I'm just here to help this team win whenever I get a chance", he might have got more PT last season -- particularly when Frank was struggling and complaining. He didn't do that, and I think both he and the Sox are better off with him off this squad.

liefer will probably hit 260 with quite a few homers and extra base hit...80 - 90 rbi...i always had faith in him...i think if he wouldnt have got hurt in ST in '00 he would have had his chance to play 1t base for us everyday and konerko could have ended up like liefer

its funny what one injury can do to a career...both liefer's and konerko's