Where does this trade leave Ross Gload?

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to come ehre at the all-star break why would he want to come now?

I don't think that was the case. It was that he didn't want to go anywhere at the break. He didn't want to move one place for a few months and then have to move again. Thus moving twice in a short period.

This time its just once. Although if I recall, he's not much of a fan of the city of Chicago.

I don't think that was the case.  It was that he didn't want to go anywhere at the break.  He didn't want to move one place for a few months and then have to move again.  Thus moving twice in a short period. 

This time its just once.  Although if I recall, he's not much of a fan of the city of Chicago.

I could have sworn he was open to going to other teams at the trade dead line. But i don't have an article to prove it so you may be right.

I don't think that was the case.  It was that he didn't want to go anywhere at the break.  He didn't want to move one place for a few months and then have to move again.  Thus moving twice in a short period. 

This time its just once.  Although if I recall, he's not much of a fan of the city of Chicago.

Not much of a fan of Chicago...or fan of the Sox..... :banghead

I could have sworn he was open to going to other teams at the trade dead line. But i don't have an article to prove it so you may be right.

This was me assuming. But I remember the LA radio stations saying he wasn't interested in coming to LA cause they were rumored to potentially pick him. I don't think talks ever got too serious. (between LA and Tor)

Not much of a fan of Chicago...or fan of the Sox..... :banghead

The city. I just remember like an ESPN piece or something and I thought Delgado said he hated Chicago or something like that. Could be wrong though.

I do think he'd be an amazing offensive acquisition. Average, MONSTER POWER, OBP, left handed bat.

I will stick to saying I have no problem playing Gload, but with all the other moves made I just don't know if there is a starting spot for him. If they dealt Konerko I'd think they'd need to pick up a power bat.

I would DH him just as much as I would Everett, unless Everett came to camp in amazing shape. Gload was fabulous last season for the Sox. Did everything they asked him to do.

Didn't want to come here at the all-star break why would he want to come now?

I do not recall the Sox wanting him at the break. I seem to remember quite clearly they wanted him in like late July, early to mid August, and by then the Sox had next to no shot. He didn't come here for the same reason Walker did not come here or go to Texas, but instead went to St. Louis. If he were to have moved, he probably would have wanted to go to a team that would make the playoffs, with no doubt in his mind when making the deal. He didn't accept a trade to Chicago because we had no shot at the playoffs.

I assume that was the case...I am not 100% positive anyways, but it is just an assumption. I don't think he would be opposed to coming here, and I think he'd be a monster in USCF...I could see him hitting like .330 50 165 1.100 or so here, if he is healthy and hitting the hell out of the ball. He is probably one of the best hitters in the majors, and one of the most unrecognized players too. Few people realize how good Carlos Delgado really is...and few people remember he hit 4 homers in a game in 2003 too. :D

I assume that was the case...I am not 100% positive anyways, but it is just an assumption.  I don't think he would be opposed to coming here, and I think he'd be a monster in USCF...I could see him hitting like .330 50 165 1.100 or so here, if he is healthy and hitting the hell out of the ball.  He is probably one of the best hitters in the majors, and one of the most unrecognized players too.  Few people realize how good Carlos Delgado really is...and few people remember he hit 4 homers in a game in 2003 too.  :D

You know that i could care less if a player strikes out. But man does he have some ugly ass swings whenever he strikes out. He is like uribe, well uribe is probally like him, falling over on their horrible swings.

You know that i could care less if a player strikes out. But man does he have some ugly ass swings whenever he strikes out. He is like uribe, well uribe is probally like him, falling over on their horrible swings.

yeah..but when they connect...you watch that ball fly well into the stands...

I like him, don't get me wrong. Problem with his last contract is he was vastly overpaid. Also if he thinks he is gonna get 16 million per year i think he is dreaming.

yeah...pujols is the better player and he's recieving approximatly 14 million dollars. Delgado is f***ing stupid...he won't recieve 16 million. I assume a 13 million dollar deal would be perfect...maybe for 3 to 5 years

Gload had played 1 season in the majors and Podsednik 2, so it's not really fair to make a valid comparison. For all we know, if Glaod was given a regular spot in the lineup next season, he could flunk like Podsednik did in 2004, or Gload could hit .290 - .300 with 15 HR's. But if you go by minor league stats, then Glaod has the edge, he just didn't catch on with a team in his career yet.

You totally missed the point. In no way am I trying to imply that Gload will have a sophomore slump like SPod.

I like him, don't get me wrong. Problem with his last contract is he was vastly overpaid. Also if he thinks he is gonna get 16 million per year i think he is dreaming.

Who said he expects 16 mill a year? (your referring to Delgado right???)

I thought he'd get something between 6-8 mill a year.

that's less than some people worse than delgado make....i see him with a 11-13 million deal....he wasn't as good as he can be last year...but he was injured. He would definitley kill in this park though

He will get at least eleven according to rotoworld and i know somewhere in the rumors thread people were mentioning how he was either offered that much or wants that much. I am gonna go look for it now.

The Orioles may be turning their attention toward Richie Sexson after learning Carlos Delgado wanted a four-year, $64 million contract.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles offered Delgado $30 million over three years and the Mariners have a four-year, $44 million proposal on the table. The Orioles have also offered Sexson a deal, possibly for four years. Just because Delgado's the older player doesn't mean he should get the shorter contract. Because of Sexson's shoulder, Delgado is probably the safer long-term option.

He is crazy.

Holy s***. I can't believe people are offering that much for Sexson. But Delgado is crazy.

I have a bad read on this market, but I know what I think they are worth and if I were a GM I'd stay so far away from those deals.

HMMMMM, Sexson or Delgado or spending another 2-3 million a year on Beltran. Jesus teams are desperate.

This has been a horrible offseason with very few guys signing market values. Luckily I think the Sox made two good signings and I hope Odalis Perez is the next one.

Holy s***.  I can't believe people are offering that much for Sexson.  But Delgado is crazy. 

I have a bad read on this market, but I know what I think they are worth and if I were a GM I'd stay so far away from those deals. 

HMMMMM, Sexson or Delgado or spending another 2-3 million a year on Beltran.  Jesus teams are desperate. 

This has been a horrible offseason with very few guys signing market values.  Luckily I think the Sox made two good signings and I hope Odalis Perez is the next one.

i think you are right about the market...a lot of players inflate their worth especially sexson and delgado...both coming from not too good years where they were injured all or part of.

i think you are right about the market...a lot of players inflate their worth especially sexson and delgado...both coming from not too good years where they were injured all or part of.

But when Arizona offered up 4yr 45 mill for Troy Glaus things obviously changed. Then you had Benson getting 7 plus long term from the Mets. I pinpoint those two moves to really hurting the FA market.

That and a lot of teams have money to spend, but its not the money, its spending it right, and Washington hasn't done it, nor has Arizona.

Seattle and Bmore are forcing the issue and Bmore should focus heavily on pitching or Beltran, imo. If I were Seattle, I think Beltre is a stud so that could make some sense.

Wouldn't give Sexson or Delgado 10 mill. First off I wouldn't pay any first baseman in baseball 10 mill other then Thome. Second of all I don't give it to two guys coming off subpar seasons. Although Delgado has a rather proven track-record.

Sexson doesn't have as much of one. And his injury forced him out of the entire season.

Lou Brock(I think it was) once said that show me a guy who is afraid to look ugly, and I will show you a guy you can get out.

You and I agree completely on this that K's mean very, very little if the guy can put up monster numbers(maybe .330 50 165 1.100 is stretching it...but then again, maybe not...but if he can put up .310 40 120 1.000 he is a monster still)...he can have 150 ugly K's, so long as he is putting up the numbers.

Obviously, there are extremes...like if he's gonna strike out 200 or 250 times...but that is completely different.