Last Supper Beer

Heads22

Alright, I think this will have interesting feedback. For those of you over 21, or for those experienced drinkers under 21, if you had a choice of any beer in the world before you were executed, what would it be? For those under 21....well, whatever. I'm interested to hear responses, especially Flaxx's.

Morte Subite (pref. peach) from Belgium or Quakk (I have no clue how it's spelled: Kuack?) Also from Belgium.

Sweet, sweet Belgium, oh land of beer and chocolate how I miss thee...

(note: is kwak beer)

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

Coors lite, because I'd want to die after that :lol:

For nostalgia sakes maybe an Old Style (first beer) a Miller High Life (usual college choice and still the "everyday" bar beer) or a Shiner Boch.

Since I would be having a pork roast some sort of a Wheat beer may be in order. Tough call.

Wow, what a headscratcher. So many beers, so hard to choose... :cheers

I would have to lean toward a Thomas Hardy's old ale that has been laid down properly at celler temperature for a good 20 years. Being that the last known large stash of such rare gems (found in a dusty corner of the Dorset brewery actually) was sold at auction a few years back, I figure it might buy me a little time while they round one up for me. :D

Plus, it's a damn fine beer. I bought a bottle of 1985 vintage when I started grad school in 1989 and managed to keep it until the day I got my doctorate in 1997. Probably the best beer experience I ever had.

Eldridge and Pope sadly got out of brewing after releasing the 1999 Hardy's, so if you find any bottles still available treat yourself and snatch them up. A brewery out of Devon started brewing the beer again under contract from Phoenix Imports and released their first vintage in August 2003. I have yet to track a bottle down, but they supposedly stuck to the original recipe and aging procedures and even used yeast propagated from the original Eldridge and Pope cultures, so I bet it probably comes close.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Of course though, you have to keep in mind that you will get none of the beers you might choose. They don't grant alcohol or tobaccoto the condemned, even in the end. So, as you go to commit that crime tonight, keep that in mind. No booze or smokes on your way to meet your maker.

*quickly changes night's entertainment plans*

Of course though, you have to keep in mind that you will get none of the beers you might choose. They don't grant alcohol or tobaccoto the condemned, even in the end. So, as you go to commit that crime tonight, keep that in mind. No booze or smokes on your way to meet your maker.

at least they are letting me post at soxtalk while i am in prison :lolhitting

Well, we'll pretend it's Canada then.... :lol: :canada :cheers

If Canada doesn't allow it either, then we'll move to international waters.....

Alright, I think this will have interesting feedback. For those of you over 21, or for those experienced drinkers under 21, if you had a choice of any beer in the world before you were executed, what would it be? For those under 21....well, whatever. I'm interested to hear responses, especially Flaxx's.

Vodka Tonic with Grey Goose. Screw beer if I'm going to die.

The 8 or 12?

I'm no barbarian, I'm doing the 12 if I am going out. The 8 will suffice if they can't get ahold of the 12. I have heard though that they do a triple at the Abbey that they don't let out to the public at all. THAT would be the main choice though.

Welcome to soxtalk!!! Cool to see Westy was your reason to post! :lol:

I would actually be happy with a few of the Trappist Ales, and or Abbel Ales if they couldn't get ahold of the Westvleteren. I would even take that limited Goose Island, Jene whatever. That is some TASTY stuff, and a dang shame it is a limited. Though it is making me NOT buy up all of the Goose Demolition.