kenny to be on espnradio's game night

Kogs35

Ya, I'm listening.

- Says they tried to slug it out the past few years and failed

- Says they entered the offseason with 4 good starters and are still there at this point

- Continues to talk about how this move will give consistency to the offense

- Defensively they are a better team (especially in the outfield)

- Mentioned specifically about Pos in left field

- Speaks about the power dropoff and says they lived and died by the homerun but they are looking for a more consistent offense so the pitchers have a chance to win on a daily basis

- They asked him about defense and he says he always knew about the importance of it (the question referenced how you don't see the statistics of it). Says the team lost to a better defensive club in the Twins and how the Twins would constantly save themselves. He talked about the infield and mentioned Crede, Uribe and Harris.

- Won't get into "specifics" with what they are trying to do. Says its no secret they are interested in adding a top tier type pitcher and if the opportunity presents itself then they will go with a top tier pitcher. If not, they will go with Scho/Grilli and have more money to play come June or July (then they did in the past).

On a sidenote it really sounds like he has a plan in mind. Just from his tone.

- They bring up Boras and he says that it doesn't mean an opportunity could present himself where they actually see eye to eye on something. Says in general they haven't been able to afford his clients and put together a good team. But if its a fair deal for the player and the club, then fine.

Thats pretty much it, don't think I missed anything.

saids all the power hitting isnt working (duh)

modeling team as pitiching and defense

trying to add another pitcher with the payroll flexibilty, and if not shoeny, and grilli will battle for 5th starter

thinks defensly dye,posednic,and rowand is the best outfield in years.

power is gone ((duh) but needs consetensy

as a player all kenny had was a glove lol

trying to model the twins as a team

he cant talk about what accplomishing paused when talking about adding a pitcher (matt clement welcome to the southside)

says about boras clients a lot of the time he over prices his clients duh! but he can see some time when the player wants to come here then they will talk and see whats happens he did pause. (derek lowe)

and that was the interview

Yea my radio is f***ed up. I cant get this interview with Kenny on ESPN then when i go to the score at 670 there are people talking saying "this is nashville public radio and here is weather" and they say temperatures for places in tennesee tehn they went to country music. And i live just south of chicago

Here's a little analysis from me. Hearing him constantly mention Scho's name or another pitcher makes me almost think the Sox have a move coming up.

Think about it, if Scho is an option its going to have to happen quickly cause the Sox will have to offer him arb or a contract by mid December. Otherwise he isn't going to be an option.

I don't think Scho is back and I think Kenny already is fairly confident that he has another move coming, in fact, he may just have a few more moves coming. Its still quite early in the offseason and if he addresses one or two areas then he can go back to improving the club to whatever his vision is.

Here's a little analysis from me.  Hearing him constantly mention Scho's name or another pitcher makes me almost think the Sox have a move coming up. 

Think about it, if Scho is an option its going to have to happen quickly cause the Sox will have to offer him arb or a contract by mid December.  Otherwise he isn't going to be an option. 

I don't think Scho is back and I think Kenny already is fairly confident that he has another move coming, in fact, he may just have a few more moves coming.  Its still quite early in the offseason and if he addresses one or two areas then he can go back to improving the club to whatever his vision is.

i deff think theres a move coming tomorow. he paused with boares and bernice, paused on the final word, and paused tonight

Yea my radio is f***ed up. I cant get this interview with Kenny on ESPN then when i go to the score at 670 there are people talking saying "this is nashville public radio and here is weather" and they say temperatures for places in tennesee tehn they went to country music. And i live just south of chicago

you got am 650 home of the grad ole opery

ok watch him trade pk for some speed and defense. (everyday 2b/#2 hitter maybe castillo, unless loduca plays 1b for fla) watch everybody be pissed at how we have no power. watch us sign a killer starter and then watch us do well next year. just 4 things to watch happen.

lineup

pods

castillo

carl/frank

dye

rowand

gload

uribe

crede

aj pierzynski/davis (wth the money freed up)

pitching staff- buehrle

garcia

clement/perez

garland

contreras

not bad and a new team