kenny to be on espnradio's game night

Kogs35

A top of the order of Castillo/Pos would have a boatload of speed plus it moves Arow down in the lineup. Sox save a little cash, but they'd need to pick up a power bat for the middle of the lineup, imo.

That deal isn't fair (Konerko for Castillo) but if the Sox got a good prospect or something else then it would make some sense.

Sox would still need to find a starting pitcher, power hitting first baseman (I guess it could be Gload) and then Pyrz.

A top of the order of Castillo/Pos would have a boatload of speed plus it moves Arow down in the lineup.  Sox save a little cash, but they'd need to pick up a power bat for the middle of the lineup, imo. 

That deal isn't fair (Konerko for Castillo) but if the Sox got a good prospect or something else then it would make some sense. 

Sox would still need to find a starting pitcher, power hitting first baseman (I guess it could be Gload) and then Pyrz.

yeah thats what theyd do pk fo luis and prospects they need a 1b

yeah thats what theyd do pk fo luis and prospects they need a 1b

How do the prospects get the Sox a first baseman. I think you can get Choi from LA or Nick Johnson from Washington, but that doesn't give you a middle of the order bat and thats what the Sox would lack. I'd probably use Rowand in the 3 hole, Frank in the 4 hole and Dye in the 5 hole and then go to Gload or whomever the first baseman was.

Then you get Crede, Uribe, etc. If Frank wasn't coming off an injury and if Rowand had one more year where he had proven himself I'd be a lot more open to that idea.

I mean if they can find a way to stick Huff at 1st, fine by me, lol. But if they did get Perez and some valuable playrers it could make some sense.

right now im still kind of pissed about this deal... i guess we got ourselves a leadoff guy who prob will steal even more and that lets rowand move to 2nd which gives us i think a nice top of the order... so mebe just mebe our offense can still be quite solid.

on a sidenote i had a dream we would do a trade with the brewers today but instead we gave them Carlos Lee, Crede, and Spidale for Ben Sheets and a player to be named later =(

We'll find out in a few days whether Williams really had a plan here, or whether he was simply hoodwinked (which I suspect he was). Because if there is a plan, the pieces should fall into place

As it is, this lineup coupled with the starters we have pencilled in at 4 and 5 will be lucky to win 70 games.

We'll find out in a few days whether Williams really had a plan here, or whether he was simply hoodwinked (which I suspect he was).  Because if there is a plan, the pieces should fall into place

As it is, this lineup coupled with the starters we have pencilled in at 4 and 5 will be lucky to win 70 games.

B.S. The lineup isn't as bad as people make it out to be and even without a 5th starter as of right now we still have the best pitching in the division, imo.

Remember, he came to the Brewers about this, which leads you to think or at least hope he has other plans in mind.

I know I have many ideas in my mind from where he can go from here. And most of them seem like they'll really have this team better prepared to win now and over the long haul.

I think he could of gotten a little more, but assuming he spends the money, I think we may see Kenny up for an executive of the year award.

He's overhauling this team to be very balanced. Speed, power, still some offense, and a fantastic pitching staff. But the last part is a wait and see.

I do think they need to fill the hole behind the plate and in the rotation. Those two must be filled, imo. I'm not too concerned about Willie although Polanco or Castillo or someone else would really look nice.

B.S.  The lineup isn't as bad as people make it out to be and even without a 5th starter as of right now we still have the best pitching in the division, imo.

I agree. I think right now the Sox have a team better built to beat the Twins. And I think some more moves are still to come which really make the club better. Can't speak for the other teams in the division though. Cleveland could continue to excel or see a bump in the road and its yet to be seen who all the Tigers get.

B.S.  The lineup isn't as bad as people make it out to be and even without a 5th starter as of right now we still have the best pitching in the division, imo.

Then why did that "Best pitching in the division" give up 8 games to the twins in the space of about 3 weeks when it counted last summer? The pitching hasn't changed this offseason, except for the new middle reliever and we don't have Frank or Maggs back just like we didn't have them then.

And since the Royals, Tigers and Indians have exactly zero pitching, the competition is with the Twins: maybe since they lost pitchers we may have caught them, but I doubt it.

Then why did that "Best pitching in the division" give up 8 games to the twins in the space of about 3 weeks when it counted last summer?  The pitching hasn't changed this offseason, except for the new middle reliever and we don't have Frank or Maggs back just like we didn't have them then.

And since the Royals, Tigers and Indians have exactly zero pitching, the competition is with the Twins:  maybe since they lost pitchers we may have caught them, but I doubt it.

Two middle relievers and Freddy is healthy. And as much as I dislike Contreras he is going to have an offseason with his family here and he has good stuff.

And the two setupmen make a HUGE difference. Plus the Sox are a better defensive ball club. Oh ya, did i mention the Twins lose Koskie and probably Jacque Jones. Not to mention Kubel will be out most of the year.

Sox didn't have Maggs and Frank then anyway...now they'll have Frank and Dye.

Two middle relievers and Freddy is healthy.  And as much as I dislike Contreras he is going to have an offseason with his family here and he has good stuff.

And the two setupmen make a HUGE difference.  Plus the Sox are a better defensive ball club.  Oh ya, did i mention the Twins lose Koskie and probably Jacque Jones.  Not to mention Kubel will be out most of the year. 

Sox didn't have Maggs and Frank then anyway...now they'll have Frank and Dye.

lol..but no Lee :bang :bang

lol..but no Lee :bang  :bang

True. So I guess that pretty much washes. I think its still a little more favors the Sox. Thats soley in the argument of Thomas and Dye over not having Thomas and Maggs last time around.

I still say Thomas and Dye equal if not a little better then not having Lee.

Plus I think the Sox sign a starter in the next couple days. However, I don't count out them trading for a guy, especially if Clement or Perez price tags balloon.