16(maybe some money thrown in) mill piazza

17 mill

9 mill PK

8 mill Lee

4 mill everett

sox shed 4 million+ payroll for a 2b?

meaning sox upgrade catcher/DH get 5th starter

NY gets a RF and 1b

Like Gene said once, Victor Zambrano couldn't hit the strike zone with a beach ball. You're right, it is a crazy trade idea. Fred Wilpon won't allow Omar Minaya to trade him, it'll dent his ego after he traded his best prospect (Worst.Trade.Ever) Scott Kazmir for him.

The Mets don't have a need for Everett. Even though they lost Hidalgo, they are about to sign Moises Alou. And why trade for Piazza, a guy who would take up about 20% of our payroll (not a good thing for a team without a big budget) when the guy only hit .266 with 20 HR's last season.

ICK. No way. If the Zambrano was Carlos and not Victor than yes. Piazza doesn't play catcher anymore, nor would we want him to, we'd be downgrading at 1B by going with Piazza and lose our DH for the beginning of the year with Everett. Zambrano would be a middle-bottom of the rotation type guy and there is no need for that when there are still a few quality FA pitchers on the market. I reiterate, ICK. That trade would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

ICK. No way.  If the Zambrano was Carlos and not Victor than yes.  Piazza doesn't play catcher anymore, nor would we want him to, we'd be downgrading at 1B by going with Piazza and lose our DH for the beginning of the year with Everett. Zambrano would be a middle-bottom of the rotation type guy and there is no need for that when there are still a few quality FA pitchers on the market.  I reiterate, ICK.  That trade would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Piazza is going back to catcher almost full time next year, he despised playing first base.

For all those who hated Russ Ortiz as a FA signing, they'll hate Victor Zambrano even more. Almost had as much BB's as he had K's. Nuff said.

Ha, funny you bring that up. I was just looking at some stats and ortiz and webb have the worst whip combination of any rotation in the majors. Hope they have fun with that, but i think webb will regain some of his control.

i like this trade, piazza can C/DH/1b

that means he can DH while thomas is out, then go to catcher if we need him, and play 1b too. we might be able to get another prospect or 2 in this trade.

with them signing pedro im seeing a need for payroll relief and it would really be giving us more money depending on how much they pick up. that leaves timo and co. to battle it out for 4th outfielder spot. we still would have about 4-8 mill to spend on 2b, catcher like A.J. piazza cant catch fulltime and stay healthy DH time needed,

20 HR in shea more like 25-30 in cellar.

giving us depth of

1b gload/piazza/thomas

2b harris/valdez

ss uribe/valdez

3b crede

c burke/piazza/davis

DH thomas/piazza

OF timo/dye/pos/rowand

pitchers

sp MB, FG, JC, JG, VZ

and 6-7 pen guys depending on who we sign with the 4-8 mill we have left.

if you dont like VZ what if it was

PK 8 mill

Everett 4 mill

12 mill

piazza

2 prospects

mets throw in 8-10 mill a year

piazza would only earn about 6-8 mill a year from us

giving us 4 mill from this trade and 7 mill from the last trade

we sign catcher AJ, and perez with the money or use money and prosects to get top tier SP???

ok heres the deal

sox get

Victor Zambrano

Mike Piazza

mets get

PK

everett

Heres the math

1 mill zambrano

16(maybe some money thrown in) mill piazza

17 mill

9 mill PK

8 mill Lee

4 mill everett

sox shed 4 million+ payroll for a 2b?

meaning sox upgrade catcher/DH get 5th starter

NY gets a RF and 1b

No way!

I can tell you one thing. The Mets would definately make this deal. But the Sox won't.

If it wasn't for the fact that I hate Piazza, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, cause he should do better. But he is unwilling to play first base, injury prone and the contract ain't all that grand. And Victor isn't a good enough arm to get.

If someone straightens him out he could turn into an ace, but its unlikely at this point.