Sox Eye Clement

DBAHO

Buehrle had a pretty darn good year last season and I think he's going to get better.  He seemed to up his strikeout number and refine his sinker which was missing for a couple year period. 

I'm excited about him and I hope Garcia is 100% cause he has phenomenal stuff.  Get another guy to go with them and then I am pretty happy with Jose and Garland behind them in the rotation. 

And I LOVE the bullpen.

I don't think we will ever see buehrle in the top ten for strikeouts in the american league again.

Also doesn't garcia look funny every single pitch he throws, like he is holding it in his finger tips then trying to force it out?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the whole second half era being so high...A lot had to do with the fact that he was possibly going to be traded...I mean that can f*** up someones performance out there..

Manny ramirez is getting shopped or put on waivers every single year and it will keep on happening every year until his contract ends. He still goes out and puts up monstrous numbers year in year out. It is a lame excuse.

I don't think we will ever see buehrle in the top ten for strikeouts in the american league again.

Also doesn't garcia look funny every single pitch he throws, like he is holding it in his finger tips then trying to force it out?

He has an odd delivery, but his ball has some serious bite to it. I think he needs to have more faith in his stuff though and use the fastball a little more to set up his whicked hard breaking stuff.

He's going to be good. By the way, if the Sox pitcher struggle early, they should bring in Rick Peterson :)

Manny ramirez is getting shopped or put on waivers every single year and it will keep on happening every year until his contract ends. He still goes out and puts up monstrous numbers year in year out. It is a lame excuse.

Disagree. Some players can handle it, others can't. It definately puts strain on you cause a lot of players do care where they play. They don't want to constantly move places and they hope they stya and when you wonder where your going to be playing it can really effect your playing time.

Sure Sheffield and Manny handle it fine, but they are the exception to the rule, imo.

On a sidenote Epstein vehemently denied reports that Manny was on the block.

Disagree.  Some players can handle it, others can't.  It definately puts strain on you cause a lot of players do care where they play.  They don't want to constantly move places and they hope they stya and when you wonder where your going to be playing it can really effect your playing time.

Sure Sheffield and Manny handle it fine, but they are the exception to the rule, imo.

On a sidenote Epstein vehemently denied reports that Manny was on the block.

I can understand where you are coming from but they have to know that is part of the game. I do not believe epstein that he was not being shopped, if they put who on waivers, you have to believe they were entertaining offers.

Read a rumor on WSI that the Angels have signed Paul Byrd. If this is true, that could be great news in our hunt to sign Clement, as the Angels were long thought of as a favorite to land him. I don't really think they need more starting pitchers with Colon, Lackey, Escobar, Byrd, and Washburn/Ortiz.

Read a rumor on WSI that the Angels have signed Paul Byrd.  If this is true, that could be great news in our hunt to sign Clement, as the Angels were long thought of as a favorite to land him.  I don't really think they need more starting pitchers with Colon, Lackey, Escobar, Byrd, and Washburn/Ortiz.

Ya, Byrd is signed(Good call, Aj :P )I don't think it takes the Angels out of the Clement sweepstakes though.

Ya, Byrd is signed.  I don't think it takes the Angels out of the Clement sweepstakes though.

Yeah, foxsports says they'll try and trade Washburn now. Washburn wouldn't be a good fit with the Sox, he gives up too many homers. I do get a little worried that KW might try and trade Konerko for Washburn though.

Read a rumor on WSI that the Angels have signed Paul Byrd.  If this is true, that could be great news in our hunt to sign Clement, as the Angels were long thought of as a favorite to land him.  I don't really think they need more starting pitchers with Colon, Lackey, Escobar, Byrd, and Washburn/Ortiz.

I actually like that signing although I still say the Angels need oen more big time FA pitcher. I think Byrd will replace Scho who is dealt in a package for another starter or non-tendered.

Still this tells me that Anaheim decided they weren't the favorites. They dont tend to like bidding wars. They like being the team that can come in, offer a little less, but the player wants to play with them so they accept.

It could very well mean the Sox are in there and Clement will take the Sox offer unless someone really blows Clement away with an offer. Cleveland could, but I hope Kenny is very quiet on this cause Cleveland would probably offer a bit more (if they have the financial ability) just to keep him from going to a divisional foe.