Kotex Boy and Cubby Silverman

southsideirish71

Subject: Re: silvy can i ask u a question

Date: 12/14/2004 9:22:55 AM Central Standard Time

To:

you do love your sox...i give you credit...

but...they DIDN'T LOSE the division the last few years because of the homerun...i don't remember the homerun ever being a bad thing...and carlos lee is NOT a all or nothing player...

as for your 2000 team payroll argument...how many guys are left from that team?? how many of those guys are good players on other teams now?

aren't you tired of ALWAYS waving goodbye to your favorite players?

even if we disagree...you always bring up good debates and always appreciate your emails...

silvy

this was the email i got back from silvy in reponse to this

Original Message ----------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:08:30 EST

>silvy did bashing of home runs win the sox a division last year? no! in 03?

>no! in 02? no! in 01? no! in 00 they won the division why cause of there

>pitching. please silvy!! any1 can hit a home run at the cell. tell jay that if he

>hates the sox so much then DON'T WRITE ABOUT THEM!!!! and they are going after

>Matt clement, and they have the money to do it now.

im trying to open his eyes. moronotti is not helping by brainwashing silvy

To:

but...they DIDN'T LOSE the division the last few years because of the homerun...i don't remember the homerun ever being a bad thing...and carlos lee is NOT a all or nothing player...

as for your 2000 team payroll argument...how many guys are left from that team?? how many of those guys are good players on other teams now?

even if we disagree...you always bring up good debates and always appreciate your emails...

silvy

Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:08:30 EST

>pitching. please silvy!! any1 can hit a home run at the cell. tell jay that if he

Anyone who watched the sox remembers them going off in one game and then getting shut out by some 1-10 pitcher with a 6 ERA. We made bad pitchers look like Cy Young all of the time. Silvy obviously didnt watch too many games. Most years you have at least one good tear, hell the Tampa Bay Devil rays had a good run where they wont like 14 in a row. I think we won 5 or 6 in a row. We couldnt keep a streak together except for a bad streak in August. Minny did everything they could to give us the division. Remember even after play so bad in august we were still only a few games out of it. If we had a decent 5th starter and a more consistant offense we would of won this division hands down.

Jay and Silvy are tugging on each others nuts right now over this. This is the best thing that could of happened for Jay.

Okay you people shouldn't listen to them in the first place. When I was driving to work I heard a short from him at 8:30 saying that the Sox were a bunch of singles hitters oh and Paul Konerko.

I of course got angry, but then again, look who is talking. One logical person would say Rowand isn't a singles person, 24 HR 38 Doubles, or Crede, or Uribe, or Dye, or THOMAS.... This thread can only go nowhere.

The White Sox have solidified a bullpen that at times last year was just flat out awful. They are going to sign a 5th starter thanks to the trade everyone hates. We also have a leadoff hitter finally. Three major holes filled. How many holes have the Cubs filled?

It would be nice if we were the Yankees and we could do these things just by singing free agents but we're not. God! It makes me crazy! We can't even get White Sox fans to understand these things. We are officially as sorry as Red Sox fans used to be.

Okay you people shouldn't listen to them in the first place.  When I was driving to work I heard a short from him at 8:30 saying that the Sox were a bunch of singles hitters oh and Paul Konerko. 

I of course got angry, but then again, look who is talking.  One logical person would say Rowand isn't a singles person, 24 HR 38 Doubles, or Crede, or Uribe, or Dye, or THOMAS....  This thread can only go nowhere.

Agreed but for those of us outside Chicago its our only Chicago sportstalk station.

I'd love to hear updates on what the Score guys are saying though as memory serves they're not much brighter than Moronotti.

Mariotti's whole purpose in life is to stir people up. He's doing it again. Just ignore him. He's nothing but a Cubs reporter. During baseball season 9 out of ten articles are about the Cubs.

And the tenth is about the Sox ... but it will have a negative slant. Also, every one of the other 9 will have a negative comparison or connotation about the Sox. At least he is consistantly a tool.

To:

silvy

Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:08:30 EST

I agree with Silvy. This team is disintegrating. Black Hawks here we come.