Rutgers potential HIV cure?

southsider2k5

“We may eventually win the war against HIV/AIDS. That would be an extremely rewarding and satisfying outcome,” Dr. Arnold said.

Talk about a knack for understatement. This would be the pharmaceutical discovery of the century. The story makes it sound like the drugs are in clinical-stage testing but there's no indication of how far along they are. Even if this has another several years in the clinical pipeline it still has enormous potential.

Science rocks. :cheers

OMG, this would be fabulous news. If this works, I'd drop the vaccine into the water supply in Africa to do everything it took to save all those babies who die of aids a year.

Of course I'm sure some new deadly disease will popup, even harder to cure. It seems like as we develop a cure for one, another one or an offshoot of one will pop up harder to cure.

Hopefully they can figure out the causes of cancer and better cures for it as well as Aids.

I'm surprised this got only 6 replies. I haven't seen it in any major news circuits, however. Have I just plain missed it?

Well, it's still in early clinical stages, so in the end it might not even pan out. Plus, there's been so much backlash from recent suggestions drug cdompanies are rushing thinngs to market and disragarding health warnings, maybe the audience at large is somewhat skeptacle (sp?).