Blockbuster doing away with late fees

FlaSoxxJim

They see it as a possible way to start getting back some of the market share lost to NetFlix and In-Demand cable purchases.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=328856

Now if only they will forgive everybody's existing late charge debt in their system I might actually be able to start going back to Blockbuster again. :D

Now if only they will forgive everybody's existing late charge debt in their system I might actually be able to start going back to Blockbuster again.  :D

You sound like Brian lol.

We intentionally use mine because he refuses to pay his. He swears he got the movie back on time.

You sound like Brian lol.

We intentionally use mine because he refuses to pay his.  He swears he got the movie back on time.

Lol, I used to that all the time. No matter what my friends were using there cards, I wasn't about to pay my late fees. Then of course I looked at my credit card bill and forgot they had it so i got billed for like 3 weeks of late fees when I swore I returned the movie.

Regardless, now I got netflix and it owns.

I'm at work and I just got a page with this in the middle of it:

"The program you are using to view web sites (a "web browser") appears to be out-of-date."

Then it offers me a number of different browsers that I can download, etc...

We are still running Windows 95 with IE 5 on this computer. I have a whopping 32 MB of RAM.

I've been telling them for years that this thing is slow and out-dated. I keep hoping that if I open enough applicatations at one time, it will crash.

i rented three movies from hollywood video...and they all were 2 days late.  About a week later i go in to rent more movies and they said i had 27 dollars in late fees :o .  How the hell does three movies 2 days late morph into a 27 dollar fee???

Wanna hear a horror story about Hollywood video?

A few years ago I rented a movie from them and then went a couple of blocks down the road and rented The Crow from Blockbuster. When I returned them, I accidently swapped the movies. The Crow was in the Hollywood case and the other movie ended up at Blockbuster.

Blockbuster notices what happens and gives me a call a little later. I figure that it's no problem, I'll just get the movie from Hollywood and that will be the end of it. When I get to Hollywood they argued with me for 20 minutes that the movie had never been returned. We checked the shelf, the drop box, they checked their computer and could not find it. I asked if they would be stupid enough to rent it out to somebody else. They insisted that could never happen.

After talking to the guy at Blockbuster I find out that I'm looking at paying for the movie for over $100! I never knew video stores had to pay so much for movies, but I guess considering how many times they get rented, they make their money back.

A day or so later Hollywood finally calls me and admits that they somehow rented the movie (remember this was The Crow in a Hollywood case) to another customer. The customer brought the movie back to the store to complain. Everything got sorted out and a stayed out of Hollywood for a couple of years after that.

Meanwhile, back on topic... What's the deal with this? Since I can't read the actual story. I just paid like $12 in late fees a couple of weeks ago at Blockbuster.

Regardless, now I got netflix and it owns.

Movie pass from blockbuster is ten times better. I have seen every movie on the outter wall. I have had it ever since it came out about 7-8 months ago. Doesn't hurt that the blockbuster is only two blocks away. You can take out say nine movies a day but only three at a time. Now that pwns.