SPod moving on?

Mr. Showtime

That report is total bulls***.

First, Beane is in love with Kotsay.  It would take a lot more than Scott f***ing Podsednik to aquire him.

Second, Podsednik is not even Beane's type of player.

Third, do you really think we'd get Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay for Jon s***head Garland and Scoot Podsednik.  I sure as hell don't.  If Kenny pulls that deal off he's GM of the year, WAIT, GM of the decade.  I'll set up a webcam and eat my hat if that deal goes down.

Exactly. As much as I dislike the job KW has done thusfar in his tenure, if he was able to make this trade, he would deserve a lifetime contract. It will never happen.

Why is it too difficult to simply pay the money for a f***ing starter and complete the rotation?

Hudson replacing Garland is quite the improvement, but yet again we're left pondering our rotations black hole.

Is Hudson + Grilli > Garland + Perez? Answer lies solely on the production of Grilli, or which player Williams targets with 6 million. Truthfully, I feel Garland/Perez will give this club more wins at the end of the year.

Why is it too difficult to simply pay the money for a f***ing starter and complete the rotation? 

Hudson replacing Garland is quite the improvement, but yet again we're left pondering our rotations black hole. 

Is Hudson + Grilli > Garland + Perez?  Answer lies solely on the production of Grilli, or which player Williams targets with 6 million.

Because there's no starters out there as FA's that aren't big ??? for this team.

What makes anyone think that Perez will win more than his 7 last yr or Clement will win more than 9(and finish the yr in the rotation) with the Sox? Because of our monster offense? Bonk! Sorry that's gone now and we'll be lucky to keep up with last yrs Cub and Dodger O's.

Carlos Lee turns into Tim Hudson, Mark Kotsay, Luis Vizcaino, and a PTBNL???

Definately over his total value, and my goodness, I agree with everyone here, there's no way Beane even considers this unless one of BMac/Anderson/Sweeney.

But, say this offer is on the table. Scott Podsednik still has a good OBP... COMPARED to his batting average. If he hit .300 last year, he'd have a .370 OBP approximately. He still draws his walks. Only big difference is that Spod is a hell of a lot faster and better of a base stealer.Jon Garland can be kept for years to come and can still garner a good 3-year contract extension for real cheap (9-12 million total).

You know, if Podsednik throws together another year like 2003, then he basically is the same as Kotsay, but for MILLIONS cheaper. I could really see Beane considering this trade pending a few minor leaguers.

Is Hudson + Grilli > Garland + Perez?  Answer lies solely on the production of Grilli, or which player Williams targets with 6 million.  Truthfully, I feel Garland/Perez will give this club more wins at the end of the year.

I believe Hudson + Grilli is better than Perez + Garland.

Hudson is a proven ace, a proven 15+ win pitcher. He would top Garcia and Buehrle, two pitchers that would anchor the #2 spot on pretty much any pitching staff in the league. Odalis Perez is, in my opinion and #3 starter given his career ERA of 4.00...which, mind you, would be higher had he pitched in the AL throughout his career.

While Perez and Garland is more balanced, it tops out the back end of our rotation and merely makes it a "good average rotation." Hudson tops out the top of the White Sox rotation and give them an "above average top of the rotation." Essentially, three pitchers that can win 15 games regardless of who is behind them. Can Odalis Perez guarantee the White Sox 15 wins? Not likely.

While Grilli is worse than Garland, a #5 starter isn't expected to win 15 games and carry an ERA near 4. He's expected to win 10 games and keep an ERA around 4.5-5. In watching Grilli last season, I believe he is capable of this, and if Tim Hudson is on the table at the mere price of Jon Garland and Scott Podsednik, one would be a fool not to take it.

Maybe it's just me, but Hudson, Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras and Grilli looks better than Garcia, Buehrle, Perez, Contreras and Garland. The first rotation mentioed featured 3 top line starters. The second offers three merely average starters at the back end.

I believe Hudson + Grilli is better than Perez + Garland.

Hudson is a proven ace, a proven 15+ win pitcher.  He would top Garcia and Buehrle, two pitchers that would anchor the #2 spot on pretty much any pitching staff in the league. Odalis Perez is, in my opinion and #3 starter given his career ERA of 4.00...which, mind you, would be higher had he pitched in the AL throughout his career.

While Perez and Garland is more balanced, it tops out the back end of our rotation and merely makes it a "good average rotation." Hudson tops out the top of the White Sox rotation and give them an "above average top of the rotation." Essentially, three pitchers that can win 15 games regardless of who is behind them. Can Odalis Perez guarantee the White Sox 15 wins? Not likely.

While Grilli is worse than Garland, a #5 starter isn't expected to win 15 games and carry an ERA near 4. He's expected to win 10 games and keep an ERA around 4.5-5. In watching Grilli last season, I believe he is capable of this, and if Tim Hudson is on the table at the mere price of Jon Garland and Scott Podsednik, one would be a fool not to take it.

Maybe it's just me, but Hudson, Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras and Grilli looks better than Garcia, Buehrle, Perez, Contreras and Garland.  The first rotation mentioed featured 3 top line starters. The second offers three merely average starters at the back end.

I agree with your analysis of the pitching, but then someone needs to fill the Lee, Maggs, Valentin holes. And we would be almost out of fill.

Outside of prospects we don't have much Arizona would want.

Konerko has no postion on the D-Backs, and Garland isn't what they need.

I find it hard to believe the D-Backs wouldn't be interested on Garland. They could use all the young pitching they could get, and they're rotation ain't exactly playoff material (Webb, Ortiz etc.) But they've made it pretty clear they want a more established guy in Burnett or Vazquez.

I find it hard to believe the D-Backs wouldn't be interested on Garland. They could use all the young pitching they could get, and they're rotation ain't exactly playoff material (Webb, Ortiz etc.) But they've made it pretty clear they want a more established guy in Burnett or Vazquez.

That was what I meant.

The talk has been that they want a front end pitcher in return.

It doesn't help when you are trying to make him part of the trade for one of the best pitchers in baseball that your manager refers to him as "my #5 starter"