Pierzynski on waivers

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why wouldn't he want to play his former team?  He embarassed he would suck it up? :bang

I can only think it would be hard because didn't he come up with the Twins?

But I would think AJ's the type of guy that would take satisfaction in destroying the team that traded him away....

I think what people are talking about in regards to A.J. not wanting to play against the Twins is that there was an article saying how the only thing he ever wanted to do before a game was watch the Twins games on the TV in the clubhouse instead of going over scouting reports with pitchers.

I can only think it would be hard because didn't he come up with the Twins?

But I would think AJ's the type of guy that would take satisfaction in destroying the team that traded him away....

This quote should say it all.

"I've never in all my years seen a catcher who didn't watch video before games," one pitcher told the newspaper. "He doesn't watch hitters -- other than the Twins games when they're on TV."

So, what's he gonna be watching a Twins game with the rest of the team rooting for them during the final month of the season when they're fighting for the division?

Giants placed catcher A.J. Pierzynski on waivers for the purposes of giving him his unconditional release.

If a team thinks Pierzynski would come cheaper in arbitration than in a multiyear deal, it could claim him off waivers. It's more likely that he'll be allowed to become a free agent. Dec. 14 - 8:17 pm et

He will be a great pick up. Who cares if he was a twin, he would definitely help our lineup adding a LH bat. How much do we pay him if we get him? Does he get same money as the contract he signed?

If we claim him on waivers, he goes to arbitration, where he could make $5 million. No team will probably take that chance, unless they are desperate for him. If he hits free agency, he'll probably get about $4 million from some team.

Schoenweiss is going to command at least $2 million in arbitration, and Ben Davis $1.5. I say get AJ and kiss these 2 goodbye. Use the rest of the additional money from the CLee trade and what was available to sign Cabrerra. Forget Clement, he is too pricey for a guy who's best year is 2 over .500. See if Esteban wants to come back for a bargain price to be the 5th starter. He was the 5th starter at the beginning of 2003, maybe lightning can strike twice. You'll be over budget a little, but you would have a good team.

Schoenweiss is going to command at least $2 million in arbitration, and Ben Davis $1.5. I say get AJ and kiss these 2 goodbye. Use the rest of the additional money from the CLee trade and  what was available to sign Cabrerra. Forget Clement, he is too pricey for a guy who's best year is 2 over .500. See if Esteban wants to come back for a bargain price to be the 5th starter. He was the 5th starter at the beginning of 2003, maybe lightning can strike twice. You'll be over budget a little, but you would have a good team.

Except on Loaiza, I agree with your thoughts.

Loaiza is looking for a 3 year deal, he thinks he's worth more than he is, some team might give it to him, can you say Washington.

It comes down to this ... is AJ Pierzynski an upgrade over Ben Davis? Answer is yes.

Two issues though: I think some other team will be more aggressive and land this guy. Also, I think the White Sox will use the "character" issue as an excuse not to get him.

Oh, on Matt Clement ... I think all these starting pitchers are overpaid now due to this Kris Benson thing. Doesn't seem to matter if it's Clement, Perez, Loaiza, whomever. They will all cost big coin, more than the Sox want to pay. Plus I think Williams is aiming higher than a Loiaza type guy.

My god I would take him. I highly doubt Kenny would do this but that's just me. But man, another lefty bat would be awesome...

With thomas

SPod

Rowand

Thomas

Konerko

A.J

Dye

Uribe

Crede

Harris

w/o thomas

SPod

Rowand

Konerko

Everett

Dye

A.J

Uribe

Crede

Harris

Not bad at all. :)

Except on Loaiza, I agree with your thoughts.

Loaiza is looking for a 3 year deal, he thinks he's worth more than he is, some team might give it to him, can you say Washington.

It comes down to this ... is AJ Pierzynski an upgrade over Ben Davis?  Answer is yes.

Two issues though:  I think some other team will be more aggressive and land this guy.  Also, I think the White Sox will use the "character" issue as an excuse not to get him.

Oh, on Matt Clement ... I think all these starting pitchers are overpaid now due to this Kris Benson thing.  Doesn't seem to matter if it's Clement, Perez, Loaiza, whomever.  They will all cost big coin, more than the Sox want to pay.  Plus I think Williams is aiming higher than a Loiaza type guy.

I think when it comes down to it Bowden won't give ELo 3 years. ELo was very happy here and may bite on an incentive laiden deal, maybe even a one year prove yourself deal. If not, back to the drawing board. I think it doesn't matter what starter the Sox get if they don't do something about the middle infield. If Uribe struggles or gets hurt, its Harris and Valdez right now. That is scary. Davis couldn't beat out Dan Wilson last year. He had a hot streak, but reverted back to the Ben Davis scouts know later on. Burke is a journeyman who has to be a back up, and nothing more. If Clement is going to get $9 million a year for 3 years, I'd rather it not be JR signing the checks. I think he will be a dissapointment, especially if he goes to the AL. If ELo was average, KW could still swing a trade at the deadline for a guy and only have to pay him for half the season.