Wedding Bliss

Texsox

Scott McKie and Victoria Anderson were looking forward to a life of married bliss as they finally 'tied the knot'. But within only an hour and a half of being 'hitched' - and a series of drunken assaults - divorce was looming fast.

The tale of what has been called 'Britain's least successful ever' - ended with 23-year-old McKie being dragged from his own wedding reception by police.

According to the reports, the happy marriage lasted for all of 90 minutes before Anderson, enraged at a drunken toast to the bridesmaids by her new husband at their reception, violently hit him over the head with an ashtray.

He responded by taking a hat-stand at the pub in a suburb of Manchester, northwest England, where the party was taking place, and hurling it towards the bar "like a javelin".

Police were called and McKie headbutted one officer and punched another before being dragged to the cells, at which point 40-year-old Anderson cancelled their honeymoon and began divorce proceedings.

The sorry tale was recounted at Manchester Crown Court, where McKie pleaded guilty to a series of charges including attempted wounding and assault, receiving a community service punishment.

McKie's lawyer told the court that everyone involved had been "very, very drunk at the time".

"They had only been together for two or three months before the wedding," McKie's father said.

"It was a big mistake."

"It was a big mistake."

Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver!

One of my favorite Bob and Tom bits for sure. :headbang

Full Disclosure: My wonderful wife (of nearly 9 years) and I almost didn't make it through the honeymoon. And yes, demon alcohol was to blame. We were in Naw'lins and I mistakenly left a souvinir Pat O'Brien's hurricane glass back at a bar somewhere. On account of afformentioned demon alcohol, this little incident erupted into a blowup of epic proportions and near divorce (go figure). To this day, Mrs. FlaSoxx refuses to drink another mint julep ever again.

Stories like that make me wish I was still doing morning radio.

I wish I had been the DJ at the reception. I only saw 1 big argument. It was awesome. I tried playing some slow tunes to calm everything down, but I wish I had kung fo fighting :-) or Saturday Night by Elton John.

I had some interesting requests.