New Randy to Chicago talk

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants the deal more? The D-backs trying to be respectable or the Sox thinking he's the missing piece? We'll have to overpay to get this done.

The D backs have to get rid of RJ with all their new contracts coming on board. the price for RJ goes down and could keep on going as team fill their SP holes. Their asking for Garcia/ Buehrle crap has at least stopped. This is actually getting semi reasonable if some tweaks are made

The DBacks already have one butcher of an outfielder in Luis Gonzalez on their roster, no way would they want Everett on their roster also.  They need a CF, and obviously Everett is not a CF.  So anyone that thinks this deal would be Everett, and not Rowand, is 99.9 pct wrong.

I agree, they have wanted him the entire time.

What is all this talk about signing Alvarez for the 5th spot if we get Johnson? Didn't he re-sign with LA?

You have got to be kidding me they will not get our best outfielder in Rowand, our best releiver in Marte, our 4th starter in Garland (who would dominate in AZ), our best OF prospect in Sweeney and another top of the line prospect for one year of Johnson!!!

I agree Everett instead of Rowand is a HUGE difference but to give up Garland, which still leaves a hole in our rotation, to give up our top prospects and Marte for one year of Johnson is insane. Dammit!! I gaurentee you KW would do this type of deal if true.

I'd be for the trade If the starting outfielder is Carl Everett:

Garland, Everett, Marte, Anderson, and a mid-level prospect. However, and many of you will tell me this is stupid, this is contingent on the Sox signing Scho to a contract and putting him in Marte's role.

I don't think Scho is as good as Marte, but he's a very good pitcher. Thats good value for the Dbacks who get a closer in Marte (signed affordably) a pitcher in Garland, a good prospect in Anderson and a prospect. They also get Everett who I guess can play left or right for them.

Sox payroll pretty much stays what it was prior to making the Lee deal which means they still have 2-3 million. However, they do need to find a 5th starter still, but this becomes less of an issue with RJ at the top of the rotation. At the same time I don't want Grilli starting so I'd look to pick up a cheaper starter like Elo or Alvarez.

I would make that trade...in a heartbeat in fact. Marte and Garland are good guys, Anderson is a who knows and Everett gone means the Sox use Gload more as a DH, until Big Frank comes back.

However, I think the Sox making this move, JR should up payroll to 80 mill. Which would give the Sox 5-7 mill left after the deal to sure up some possible holes.

RJ

Garcia

Buehrle

Contreras

Elo/Alvarez/Gil Meche

Takatsu

Hermy

Scho

Vizcaino

Politte

Cotts

Spod

Uribe

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

Gload

Crede

Davis/Burke

Harris

OR (sign Pyrz after the deal - note this is before Thomas comes back)

Spod

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

Pyrz

Uribe

Gload

Crede

Harris

Lineup isn't necessarily amazing, but its still average to above average. Once Thomas gets back its even better.

Spod

Rowand

Konerko

Frank

Dye

Pyrz

Uribe

Crede

Harris

****Aaron Rowand CANNOT be part of a RJ trade package - DO NOT DO IT KENNY ********

Seems like AZ wants Burnitz, would play CF my guess. AZ would need a RFer

from Rotoworld

The Diamondbacks will host free agent Jeromy Burnitz tomorrow.

Burnitz's visit follows meetings with Matt Clement on Tuesday and Shawn Estes today. The Diamondbacks seem like the favorites to land Burnitz, who would likely bat fifth behind Troy Glaus. The Mariners also have a fair amount of interest. Dec. 15 - 2:21 pm et

Neal won't be a starting pitcher in the majors. He only has one pitch that he can count on, and his control is not consistent enough to last 5 innings. Even in the minors, he would only average like 5 innings a start because of control issues. Cotts is effective because of his unique delivery, etc. However, that type of delivery is more effective because hitters only see it once a game when he pitches in relief. Also, Cotts benefits by pitching in relief cause he gets to face more lefties than if he started a game against a set lhp lineup.

I'd be for the trade If the starting outfielder is Carl Everett:

Garland, Everett, Marte, Anderson, and a mid-level prospect.  However, and many of you will tell me this is stupid, this is contingent on the Sox signing Scho to a contract and putting him in Marte's role.

I don't think Scho is as good as Marte, but he's a very good pitcher.  Thats good value for the Dbacks who get a closer in Marte (signed affordably) a pitcher in Garland, a good prospect in Anderson and a prospect.  They also get Everett who I guess can play left or right for them. 

Sox payroll pretty much stays what it was prior to making the Lee deal which means they still have 2-3 million.  However, they do need to find a 5th starter still, but this becomes less of an issue with RJ at the top of the rotation. At the same time I don't want Grilli starting so I'd look to pick up a cheaper starter like Elo or Alvarez.

I would make that trade...in a heartbeat in fact.  Marte and Garland are good guys, Anderson is a who knows and Everett gone means the Sox use Gload more as a DH, until Big Frank comes back. 

However, I think the Sox making this move, JR should up payroll to 80 mill.  Which would give the Sox 5-7 mill left after the deal to sure up some possible holes. 

RJ

Garcia

Buehrle

Contreras

Elo/Alvarez/Gil Meche

Takatsu

Hermy

Scho

Vizcaino

Politte

Cotts

Spod

Uribe

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

Gload

Crede

Davis/Burke

Harris

OR (sign Pyrz after the deal - note this is before Thomas comes back)

Spod

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

Pyrz

Uribe

Gload

Crede

Harris

Lineup isn't necessarily amazing, but its still average to above average.  Once Thomas gets back its even better.

Spod

Rowand

Konerko

Frank

Dye

Pyrz

Uribe

Crede

Harris

****Aaron Rowand CANNOT be part of a RJ trade package - DO NOT DO IT KENNY ********

That almost has me excited. I cannot believe all this to try and pass the frickin' Twins :headshake

I think we can all agree that if the sox want to win in 2005 Rowand would not be part of a trade. Everett would be decent for a team that wants to win now-like AZ with their new contracts. Look at the Cubs interest in Jacque Jones, and how quickly guys like Dye and Hidalgo were snatched up

I think we can all agree that if the sox want to win in 2005 Rowand would not be part of a trade. Everett would be decent for a team that wants to win now-like AZ with their new contracts. Look at the Cubs interest in Jacque Jones, and how quickly guys like Dye and Hidalgo were snatched up

beck

If the D-backs want to win now, Everett is a good fit

Sox want to win now, Rowand is a better fit

You have me confused.

George isn't going to play games with Arizona, he'll move on. I'm sure they're zeroing in on Beltran.

He saw how his staff folded in the playoffs...i'm guessing he would get RJ first. I know he doesn't want to play games, but he also doesn't want to lose. Beltran, while nice, could be another ARod. RJ is a top of theh line starter. Imagine if you will

RJ

Mussina

Pavano

Wright

El Duque/Brown

Not bad, I must say.

He saw how his staff folded in the playoffs...i'm guessing he would get RJ first.  I know he doesn't want to play games, but he also doesn't want to lose.  Beltran, while nice, could be another ARod.  RJ is a top of theh line starter.  Imagine if you will

RJ

Mussina

Pavano

Wright

El Duque/Brown

Not bad, I must say.

Only the best for the Yankees :angry:

Here's how the money angle works if it would be Carl...

Carl makes 4 million this year.

Marte makes 1.5 million.

Garland makes 3.4 million this year.

Rowand is under a million as of now....

Dugout Dollars says Randy makes 10.5 million in 05 with 6 million deferred in 2004 and in 2005.

He saw how his staff folded in the playoffs...i'm guessing he would get RJ first.  I know he doesn't want to play games, but he also doesn't want to lose.  Beltran, while nice, could be another ARod.  RJ is a top of theh line starter.  Imagine if you will

RJ

Mussina

Pavano

Wright

El Duque/Brown

Not bad, I must say.

I read something saying that its going to be hard for him to get two big name players because of some 40/60 financing rule.

So before he makes any big moves in the rotation, he's going to first have to unload Brown or Vazquez, imo. Otherwise there rotation will be filled out. Pavano, Mussina, Vazquez, Brown, Wright. They could still sign Milton, but that would be cause they know Brown is going to get hurt, lol.

I do agree with fathom though from a couple pages back. I'd much rather get a package for Tim Hudson and sign him to a 3-4 year deal. Younger, playoff experience and probably not as much to give up for him. i'm sure we could find a package that Billy Beane likes.

RJ would be a nice 2nd choice, though.

RJ

Mussina

Pavano

Wright

El Duque/Brown

Not bad, I must say.

In NY when it comes to pitching, it's how are they going to do in the playoffs, regular season means nothing. I know George would love to have him, just seems like Arizona doesn't want to move him there.

You forgot Vazquez in that rotation as well. :o

Here's how the money angle works if it would be Carl...

Carl makes 4 million this year.

Marte makes 1.5 million.

Garland makes 3.4 million this year.

Rowand is under a million as of now....

Dugout Dollars says Randy makes 10.5 million in 05 with 6 million deferred in 2004 and in 2005.

I beleive RJ's contract stipulates taht if he's traded the $6M is no longer deferred.