New Randy to Chicago talk

Mr. Showtime

Won't happen.  This team, with RJ will dominate the central, I don't care what kind of offenses the Tigers and the Indians and the Twins have, good pitching always beats good hitting, (see 2004 world series).  Try and find a 1-2-3 that's better than RJ, Garcia, Buerhle.

That was my line of thinking, that rotation would spell trouble for a lot of teams not named the Yankees.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't blame Arizona for trying. Ask for the world and then settle for what you really wanted.

yeah, that's what I gather from this article. What should AZ ask for? Grilli and Gload for RJ? No, they should ask for a high ceiling deal that doesn't completely insult KW and gauge his reaction...

The starting outfielder they want is definitely not Everett, it's A. Rowand.  Why in the hell would the DBacks want Everett?

Granted they do want Rowand. So does every other team in the league. But they probably know that Rowand is untouchable. They'd want Everett because he's a left-handed bat with solid average and good power.

I am all for win today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. This winds up being a small step forward and the huge leap forward gets cancelled by a few smaller steps backward.

AMEN! Position players always come around in the draft, even though our farm system isn't great, there's always going to be players that step it up and take up roles on the big league club. I'm tired of waiting year after year, we need to win now.

I'd be ok with...

Garland, Marte, Everett, and a prospect who is not Sweeney, Anderson, BMac or Gio Gonzalez.

Sweeney's never played a game in the show. What if he gets hurt, or just plain never makes it. You never know what's going to happen with prospects. You know that if you get RJ that you're going to beat up on the rest of the AL central. Prospects come and go, Hall of Famers only come around once in a while. Go get your Hall of Famer KW!

If KW is really interested in trading our top prospects like Sweeney, then he would be much better off trying to use an asset like him to acquire the type of 2b that Oakland wants for Tim Hudson. A possible 4 years of Hudson will be a lot more valuable than one to two years of Randy.

Sweeney's never played a game in the show.  What if he gets hurt, or just plain never makes it.  You never know what's going to happen with prospects.  You know that if you get RJ that you're going to beat up on the rest of the AL central.  Prospects come and go, Hall of Famers only come around once in a while.  Go get your Hall of Famer KW!

Remember though that the Diamondbacks will get a crap load of salary relief from any of these deals. It shouldn't be necessary to sell the farm.

If Arizona wants Garland, Everett, Marte and a minor leaguer (NOT Sweeney, Anderson, Honel or BMAC), I'll go for it. Like someone previously mentioned, after this trade, get Wilson Alvarez to be the 5th starter.

If Arizona wants to replace Everett with Rowand, Dye or Podsedski, NO DEAL.

Do you think this is the REASON why KW has not signed Clement or O. Perez? I wish KW knows what he's doing. If he has the intention to sign Clement or Perez, go for it. Don't try to go both ways. He might end it up empty handed.

Let's talk about money wise:

Let's assume we have 6 millions left from the Carlos Lee trade:

6 mil + 3.5 mil (Garland) + 4.5 (Everett) + 1.5 (Marte) = 15.5 mil

How much RJ wants? :santa

Now if a deal was something along the lines of Garland, Everett, Marte, OFers Chris Young and Borchard [instead of Sweeney] and another player such as Diaz or, Adkins, it's doable. Only Marte would likely be in the Sox "3 yr board" then. Even if a top prospect was included [not Sweeney, he sounds like the real deal w/ power and avg], it would be only 2 guys on KW's "board".

BTW- Ozzie didn't seem too impressed w/ Marte last yr, saying something to the effect that he'd like to meet the Marte of 2003

I'd be ok with...

Garland, Marte, Everett, and a prospect who is not Sweeney, Anderson, BMac or Gio Gonzalez.

I'd be ok with Garland straight up. I wouldn't be ok if I was the D-backs.

Who wants the deal more? The D-backs trying to be respectable or the Sox thinking he's the missing piece? We'll have to overpay to get this done.